Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday, Nov. 3, 2013

Was anyone an hour early for church this morning? I hope everyone remembered this autumn deed.

I hate having to change the clocks. It always takes at least a week to feel right again. Even though I got an extra hour of sleep, so they say, I don't feel like I did and I'll probably have trouble at bedtime tonight.

Along with the clocks, we need to change the batteries in the smoke detectors.

We went to church this morning. The service was very good. Pastor continued with his study of Malachi and invited everyone to the alter for prayer.

I turned in my shoe box for Operation Christmas Child today. It felt good to see so many boxes stacked high, ready to pack up and ship off to the children.

We've been going to this church for the last several weeks, but we weren't sure how to get around their big building. They've built and rebuilt and added on for several years. The building is huge. My brother and his wife were married in that church, 1973, in the old sanctuary, so I've been inside. However, it's nothing like it was back then. So, today we had Bob's brother and his wife give us the 'grand tour'. I think they have a room for every occasion and every person. There's 3 adult Sunday schools, 2 young adults plus children's, divided by age. A library. Kitchen and cafeteria. The old sanctuary is the high school room now. We were both amazed at all the rooms and hallways. We never got upstairs or the balcony. Our tour took a half hour.

Our weather today is more clouds and a cold wind. The sun did peak out for a short time. The high is 50° and down to 34° tonight.

I've just been relaxing since we got home and have no plans for the rest of the day. I'm going to do some practicing in a little bit... if my brain will cooperate.

Until next time..............



1 comment:

  1. I had a relatively relaxing day, too, Carol. It sure feels good. This time change doesn't mess with me like the one in the Spring does, but it will still take a week or so to get used to it! Your church sounds like it has really grown over the years, and that's a good thing!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....