Thursday, December 19, 2013

Hodgepodge for just my friends

I've had such a busy week and totally forgot yesterday was Hodgepodge Wed., so I'll just answer the questions for my friends and not post the link.

1. Do you believe in miracles?
I most certainly do. And they still happen today. 

2. What's a recent fad you admit to trying?
I'm not into the fads anymore. I've always watched the fashion fads, and have to cringe these days, but the "wildest" I ever got were the stirrup pants and bell-bottoms. I have to admit I loved them.

3. Peppermint- are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite food or beverage containing peppermint?
I don't care for peppermint. I don't like candy canes, but I will eat a York Peppermint Pattie (or Paddy?) every once in awhile, but that's about all. 

4. Break the ice, on thin ice, as cold as ice (emotionally, not literally)... which phrase have you run into most recently? Explain.
I can't think of any. Most people around here can be cold as ice and that's their problem, but as for me, I'm not one to break the ice and I don't remember the last time I was on thin ice. Of course I'm sure I have at least once in my lifetime. I'm definitely not one to be cold as ice, either. I smile and chat with about anyone I see and if I have been cold, it was not intended. 

5. Have you ever broken or spilled something in someone else's home? Still friends?
This may sound phony, but I don't remember ever doing that. Oh, I've dropped things at my daughters' houses, but I always picked/cleaned it up myself and we're still friends. :)

6. 'Tis the week before Christmas... are you feeling more like Buddy the Elf or the Grinch before his heart grew?
I'm not a Grinch, (I can be a Scrooge) but I'm not Buddy either. I'm somewhere in the middle. 

7. Share a favorite quote relating to Christmas.
“He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree. ”
― Dr. Roy L. Smith, minister & author


8. Insert your own random thought here.
We have all the kids coming in this Saturday (the 21st) to celebrate 3 birthdays. Bob ordered us a cake yesterday. It was 43 years ago I gave birth to beautiful twin daughters -- on my birthday! Each year we have managed to get together on "our day" and I pray we will have many more. This year the girls are concentrating on getting pictures of everyone. When they were born, I gave up MY birthday. It became THEIR day. Consequently the only pictures I have are the 2 of them with their birthday cake -- I've always been behind the camera. This year they want Mom in front of the camera. This is going to be interesting. 

I hope you have a great weekend. 
Until later..... 

3 comments:

  1. Well, happy birthday, Carol, to you and your girls! What a great story!! Kind of nice to share the special day, and I am glad they are insisting that you be in the photos this year!! Please share!!

    I enjoyed your Hodgepodge - even a day late. Some of our answers are exactly the same! Sisters...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all of you have a wonderful birthday celebration. Enjoyed your answers today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I don't get back to you tomorrow, have a very happy birthday with your girls!! I enjoyed your answers today, especially the way you worded #4...well done!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....