Saturday, December 14, 2013

Snowy Weekend

Electra (the name of this current winter storm) has been dropping snow on us all night. When it started late last night, the flakes were very small and wet. Our local meteorologist said at 10:39 am we had gotten 3.5" on the ground with heavier snowfall still to come with the temperature around 33°.


Yesterday afternoon youngest daughter came in after work to get the extra snow shovel we had. I know she's happy today that she got it. She kept trying to talk me into going out to Wal Mart with her, but we were in the process of getting the Christmas tree put together. That takes quite awhile to do, so I couldn't leave hubby alone with the mess in the living room.

I snapped this shot after we finished but it's not very good. It's hard to get a good picture of a lit Christmas tree. Our's has white lights with red bows and some antique balls from my side of the family plus a few the grandkids made for me.

We finally finished decorating the tree, got the mess cleaned up, the sweeper ran and the boxes back out to the garage around 4:00. Then I fixed supper. After we ate, we went out to Rural King and picked up a couple gifts for our 19 yr. old grandson. By the time we got home, I was ready to collapse.

Today I plan to finish with the decorations, get out my Christmas village and set it all up. I have to get in some practice this afternoon too. I didn't get a chance yesterday.


I think we're about done with our shopping. We might pick up a few gift cards for the other boys. As I said in my post yesterday, our only grand-daughter won't be here this Christmas. She moved to Sarasota, FL this past summer. She has a job and won't have time off to make the trip. Hopefully we'll see her this summer.

Since I have so much to get done today, I better get busy. I hope you have a great day.

Until next time...........

3 comments:

  1. Get the village out and then sit back and relax and enjoy looking at it. Love the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope by now you are relaxing and enjoying your lovely tree and the village! Sarasota is about 2 hours south of us. It is beautiful there and we love doing day trips there! Her weather is probably nicer than ours!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hope you had a relaxing day today and got some much needed rest.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....