Friday, December 13, 2013

Friday, 13 Dec. 2013


Triskaidekaphobia .... for all those that suffer with this debilitating disorder, my heart goes out to you today. I personally don't have it, but so many people do, that it has been known to actually bring their life to a sudden halt where they're not able to function normally. I hope you don't suffer from this.

Today we have blue sky and it's warmed up a bit to 31°. However, we're under another winter storm warning. This makes our 2nd one and it's only the second week of December. For us, the normal time for these bitter cold temperatures and record snowfalls is not until January and February. This storm is moving in late tonight and dumping 5-8" of snow on us!

Since the weather reports were not good, we went shopping yesterday. It was so bitter cold and the wind across the parking lots was horrible, but we survived. We got some groceries and some Christmas gifts for our grandsons. The gifts are going to be few this year. Prices keep going up but our income doesn't. We also picked up some of the things I needed to do my annual fudge. I'm not sure if I'm going to bake cookies. I love eating them (big problem) but I don't enjoy all the work involved anymore. I'd love to have a stand mixer with the dough hooks. I've wanted one for years but Santa couldn't afford one, so I'm sure he can't this year either.

I'll still need to go back next week for the items needed for dinner Christmas Eve. Our tradition each year is for everyone (our 3 daughters, their husbands and the 7 grand-kids) to get together on Christmas Eve for dinner and games. Then on Christmas morning they all can enjoy time with the kids, their gifts and new toys in their pajamas and breakfast. This year will be different tho'. We'll not have one husband due to divorce (and I'm certainly not unhappy about that) and one grandchild. Our one and only grand-daughter now lives in Florida and she won't be here for Christmas. Our first one and we will all miss her.

Since the weather is cooperating today, we're going out in a little bit to drag down the tree from the garage attic, haul that big box and the boxes of decorations into the house. Then put it all together and clean up the mess. I'm then going to put up my Christmas village which I put on the mantel. I didn't put it all out last year, but I'd like to see it this year. I may take some pictures. It's not a big display but it does fill the mantel.

Google is not working right today. I've been having a hard time with it. Hope this publishes.

Well, that's all for now. I better get to work. You have a great day.

PS. Triskaidekaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th. LOL

Until next time..........


3 comments:

  1. Friday the 13th is very special to me as my oldest daughter was born on that day, so no bother to me at all. As you had your Christmas celebration on Christmas Eve, so they could all be at home on Christmas morning, we have ours now the Saturday after for the same reason. On Christmas day we go to all 3 of their homes to see what Santa brought the little ones. Hope you stay warm and safe in that bad weather. We are expecting heavy rain tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The number 13 has never been a problem for me. Just another day, just another number! I'm sorry you are having such terrible weather so early up there. Happy to be in Florida! Where is your granddaughter, here in our beautiful state? I like your family traditions!! Can't wait to see some photos! (hint, hint!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I looked it up before I read to the bottom of your page! Like the others, it's just another number and just another day. Hubby is out on the roads tonight though, so I am praying for his safety.

    Enjoy setting up you decorations and village!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....