Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hodgepodge Wed. 12-11-2013


It's Hodgepodge Wednesday already? Oh my... well, here goes. Hope you find a little something in here that you might not have known about me.

1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share.

No, I'm afraid not. And our church only does the special Christmas services, which are beautiful. I'm looking forward to it and the music.  

2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week?

By process of elimination, I have to say Donner or Blitzen, but I have no idea what either one means. :) I just know I don't fit in the other categories.

3. What's worse- too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately?

The worse is too loud. I can't take loud noises/voices very well.  But my days are mostly quiet. They can even be too quiet. Consequently, I always have the TV on in the background. 

4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo!

When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through?

That would depend on the job at hand. I can be a control freak and having to watch a less gifted person tackle a job I know they won't be able to get right can drive me crazy. I fight the urge to jump in and help. Or leave the room. 

5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task?

What I dread the most.... dragging out the tree and putting it together. 
What I look forward to.... having our kids and grandchildren here. 

6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk)

The most talked about topic in our family is the president, his illegal deeds and all his crooked followers. 

7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury?

My computer. No. My Kindle. Yes. That's it. My Kindle. It's a necessity. I grab it on my way out the door and have a library of books, games, Internet, all in one hand. I've never been bored in a doctor's waiting room since I got it. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.


3 comments:

  1. I'm so looking forward to a houseful this Christmas. Both girls home, my mom here, and all my siblings and their families. It will be a little crazy, but a lot of fun! Hubs puts our tree together and we girls do most of the decorating. It's not his favorite job either : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our #7 answers are the same, Carol! And our #s 3, 4 & 6 are also the same!! There is a reason we have connected! LOL I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of that are friends here, think and live alike. I don't like noise; I love my Kindle and have it with me at all times; love having the kids here, could really care less about a tree, just put it up out of habit. And on and on. Stay warm and be safe.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....