Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday, Jan. 3, 2014

I think I have my brain and body in line with the calendar now. I've been so messed up, I even dated yesterday's blog wrong. I felt like I'd lost a day or two somewhere.

I have 2 photos to share today. Photo Journal picture #2014-2a
Our Main Street after yesterday's snow storm:


Photo Journal picture #2014-2b .....  our supper! Crockpot Sesame Chicken:


It was a new recipe I tried. Our combined rating =  4 stars out of 5. We only eat white meat chicken and since it cooks rather fast, it has a tendency to get dry. But it's a keeper. However, next time I will shorten the cooking time from 4 hrs. to 3 or less. Overall, it was quite delicious. Hubby liked it.

Our local weatherman is giving us some awful forecasts.
"Sunday the storm should be hitting all day with 8 inches possible around Van Wert and some areas in region seeing a foot of snow. Strong winds causing blowing & drifting and white-out, blizzard conditions. Temps dropping all day to a low of minus -9 Sunday night with wind chills of minus -35. Monday a high of only minus -7 and windy with wind chills of minus -40."
That snow amount is additional accumulation, on top of the 5" we got yesterday! He said last night this is a very rare storm coming our way and it will be the coldest for us in over 20 yrs. He also said it "should be taken very seriously and prepare for the possible effects". Note to self: get med refills tomorrow in case we can't get out for several days.

This is what we had at 2:00 this afternoon ......


Right about now my neighbors and family are wishing for some of Al Gore's global warming.

Well, Colorado is now going up in smoke.... pot, this time. I have so many mixed feelings about this. I have a grandson (age 20) who agrees with them and can't understand why his grandparents, who grew up in the 60's would be so against it. What do you think of that state's ruling?

Until next time..........


2 comments:

  1. Hello Carol! Just looking at that snow makes me shiver!!! As to your last question....this whole country is going to pot. (yes, pun intended) And that's the truth!! I have no idea why things are so up-side-down. An illegal (ILLEGAL) alien gets to practice law in the USA and pot will be for sale in retail stores...something is so wrong that it makes me sick. And that's all I can say about it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Terri, and my only thought is that times will wax worse and worse before the Lord returns, and the pot and homosexuals, aliens, crime, etc. are just the beginnings. Thanks for sharing your pictures and I would love the recipe for the Sesame Chicken...it is my favorite. Enjoy the weekend, but stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....