Another thing I thought I'd try ... AGAIN .... is the photo journal. You know what they say... a photo makes time stand still. If you remember, I said I was going to do this last year, but I "dropped the ball" on that one after a few days. I've been wondering how far I can keep it up this year. The one thing in my life now is the lack of self-discipline (I need to do something about that too). So, I'm going to try this again. I'll post a photo from each day, 365 total, but if I'm having a busy day, it might be just a photo with no explanation, or maybe a surprise idea I've thought about doing.
Photo Journal picture #2014-1....
This will soon be packed away for another year.
The big news story here today is Hercules, the recent winter storm. They predicted 6" of snow possible here and it looks like that's what we've gotten. It's so cold the snow is like powered sugar, blowing all over. We've cleaned off the front steps for the mailman 3 times already, but the snow blows back in drifts. If you look closely at my picture, you can see the wind chill factor (-4) and the low temperature for tonight (-3)! I think it's warmer than this in Alaska. Yep! It's 37°F in Juneau right now!! :(
Well, I've got things I should be doing, so I better get up from this chair and get busy. I've got to get my sauce going for our spaghetti supper.
Be safe and warm.
Until next time..........
PS... Oops. I just realized I made a mistake on the date...... it's only Jan. 2! I'm unconsciously making the year go faster. :( Can't do that.


I look forward to seeing your pictures this new year and reading your blogs daily. I wish we could slow down time, but never figured out how. Stay warm and safe in all that snow.
ReplyDeleteYum - spaghetti sounds good. Your temps and that snow do not sound good, though! Hope you stay safe and warm and don't lose power in that mess!! Keep us posted, Carol!
ReplyDelete