Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Jan. 1, 2014 -- New year -- New Hodgepodge


What better way to start the new year than having a quiet, restful day --- AND --- answering Hodgepodge questions from Joyce.  CLICK HERE for more information.

1. Times Square is the setting for the infamous ball drop signaling a brand new year....when did you last 'drop the ball' on something?

Most recently? It would be Christmas Eve. Our family party consisted of a buffet of 'finger foods'. I had gotten some things just for the kids, but as we were cleaning up the dishes, I realized I'd forgotten to put them in the oven. I felt so bad, but there was plenty of food and I know they ate good. 

2. What is one thing you resolved to do in 2013 that you actually did?

I don't do resolutions anymore. I tried many times when I was younger, then realized I failed on each one and became depressed and hated myself for "being a failure" so I stopped. It's not worth putting myself in that situation. I have enough problems with self-esteem. 

3. Jack London is quoted as saying, "You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." Agree or disagree? Why?

One of the bad things in getting OLD-er is the lack of inspiration to accomplish some chores. It takes more and more. Afterall, it'll still be there tomorrow. I wouldn't say I need a club --- more like a lightning bolt! But if it's inspiration needed for something I truly enjoy doing, I find it's there for me... no club or lightning needed. I hope that made sense. 

4. What was the best thing you ate in 2013?

Oh my gosh!! I can't remember what I ate yesterday! 

5. Share an anti-resolution...that is, something you plan to keep on doing in the new year.

This one is EASY.... My piano lessons! 

6. The Pantone color of the year for 2014 is radiant orchid. Like or no like? Would I find this color anywhere in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in this shade to either?

It's a beautiful color. I don't think it would look good ON me, but I can see adding something in this color to the bedroom. 

7. In three words or less sum up your 2013.

GOOD!

8. Insert your own random thought here.

Now that we are entering a whole new year, I can't help but wonder what we're going to be facing from our government. What are they going to do this year in their plan to destroy our way of life, or if we'll be seeing a second revolution. That's a scary thought, but it's possible. 

That was certainly depressing. I can't leave you with that thought. 

On a brighter note, it's a NEW year and the possibilities are numerous. I saw something on FB last night about the coming new year being a book of blank pages and it's our chance to write something good in it. I hope I can. 

As I said, I don't do resolutions, but I do have some plans --- goals, if you want to call them that. In my piano lessons, I have a goal on what I'd like to accomplish this year. And then there's always the weight and exercise plans. I don't do the weight goals anymore either, because it just seems to put more pressure on me to reach a certain weight by a deadline. I'm just planning to get out and exercise more for my health. The difference this year is that Hubby is planning to go with me! I hope he goes through with it because that will help encourage me. 

To my blogging friends here, I wish you only good things and pray God's blessings on each of you. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy 2014 Carol! Our answers to the first question were similar : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your #5! I didn't get to do this Hodgepodge, but I would agree with your thoughts on resolutions and weight loss. Our goals seem to be the same in that department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Carol!! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge and you know that our thoughts about politics are exactly the same!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are taking piano lessons? VERY COOL! I took them as a child and then for awhile when I first married - before children. I sit down to play occasionally but not on a regular basis so I don't improve. Actually it's one of my resolutions: to put more consistent time into my music.

    Don't be so glum about our government. Throughout history we have had wacky politicans. It is what it is. That said, we should never become apathetic - and I know some people who are. I tend to "care" about issues. I still speak my mind on them, hopefully in a non-threatening way. Happy 2014!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....