Remember those little wind-up toys from the 50's that we'd have jump across the table and onto the floor? I told Bob the way I shiver when I get outside, in this weather I'd be like that and bounce my way off the step, if I didn't freeze solid first.
Bob called around this afternoon and found a guy with a plow that is coming over tomorrow to get our driveway cleared out.
It's now 6:15pm and a new look at the current conditions are:
The wind has been picking up all afternoon so our wind chill is minus -41°!!! I wish Al Gore was here, on my front steps in his expensive clothes. I'd leave him out there for a few minutes.
On a brighter note, I made beef and noodles and mashed potatoes for supper. Some good ole' comfort food.
When we moved into this house 21 years ago, our granddaughter was born the same week. When she was old enough to stand up and walk around on her own, we took the door frame to my office and started measuring her height. The next year our first grandson was born and we started doing the same with him. Now, 7 grandskids later, the door frame needs to be enlarged...........
I often stop to look at this remember each one of them from the start and how they've grown up so fast. It's gotten a little hard to read now. The boys have gotten to where they like to measure their own height to see how they compare. No. 3 grandson has passed the other 2. It won't be long and we won't be able to do his anymore. The door frame is 6 ft. 5". Dylan's only 16 yrs. old and still growing!
Now that I'm old(er), I've discovered a few things:
ONE- I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
TWO- My wild oats have turned into prunes and All Bran.
THREE- I finally got my head together; now my body is falling apart.
FOUR- Funny, I don't remember being absent minded...
FIVE- All reports are in; life is now officially unfair.
SIX- If all is not lost, where is it?
SEVEN- It is easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
EIGHT- Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant.
NINE- I wish the buck stopped here; I sure could use a few...
TEN- Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
ELEVEN- Accidents in the back seat cause...kids.
TWELVE- It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.
THIRTEEN- Only time the world beats a path to your door is when you're in the bathroom.
FOURTEEN- If God wanted me to touch my toes, he would have put them on my knees.
FIFTEEN- When I'm finally holding all the cards, why does everyone decide to play chess?
SIXTEEN- It's not hard to meet expenses... they're everywhere.
SEVENTEEN- The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
EIGHTEEN- These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter...I go somewhere to get something and then wonder what I'm here after.
You stay safe and warm.
Until later.............
Until later.............




What a sweet memory you have of how they grew. I think I have a cold coming on, so have already started my meds. Those are funny about what we see or are as we grow older...lol
ReplyDeleteLOL - love your numbered discoveries!! I concur!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great artwork you have in that door frame!! Love it.