AN OHIO POEM
It's winter in Ohio,
And the gentle breezes blow,
Seventy miles an hour,
At thirty-five below.
Oh, how I love Ohio,
When the snow's up to your butt,
You take a breath of winter air,
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around,
I could never leave Ohio
"Because I'm frozen to the ground!"
So far we're doing ok. We haven't ventured outside. I don't want to see how -35° would feel on my skin. The forecast says it's going to start warming up tomorrow. I'll be glad to get out of here! I'm getting cabin fever. I'm surprised Bob and I have dealt with it so well. We haven't had one fight! (I'm joking)
Our hired plow driver had truck problems this morning, but he said he's got it running and will be here. He's been very busy. My hubby just had to get out and clear out the front walk. I didn't want him to, with the wind chill still at 41 below, so I had to keep an eye on him.
A friend posted this picture this morning of one of the highways coming into town. The plows can't keep the highways open. All county roads are still closed.
They're still working on getting Main Street cleared off.
I forgot to mention yesterday that I posted the recipe here for our crockpot sesame chicken we had the other night. It's on my Recipe page.
Thank you to my friends for your words of concern and prayers for our safety during this horrible winter storm.
You be safe and warm.
Until next time..............





That picture of the road is unreal. There is no way I would stick my nose out the door at that temp. I pray God keeps you warm and safe my friend. The poem says it all! lol
ReplyDeleteYou are still in my prayers! I am just amazed at all the now pictures I've seen, and can't even imagine the cold. Stay safe, Carol. Hugs.
ReplyDelete