Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Hodgepodge Wed. Feb. 5, 2014



I've missed the last couple weeks of Hodgepodge, so I thought I better show up this week. Thank you, Joyce, for another selection of great questions.

1. Are we always responsible for our actions? Are there any exceptions?

I believe we are responsible with no exceptions. There is a vast movement recently of always blaming something or someone else for what happens to us. Our own president is a good example.... it's all Bush's fault.

2. Has anyone from your home town become famous?

A friend I went to school with has a son who is beginning to make a big name in Nashville country music. He's not famous yet, but we all hope he will be one day. He is good. 

3. January was National Slow Cooker month. Do you own a slow cooker/crock pot? Did you use it last month? What's a favorite dish you make using a slow cooker or crock pot?
I have 2 crock pots and 1 slow cooker of different sizes. And they all get used. I did use the large crock pot recently. I make my chili in it. 

4. How do you feel about private companies collecting data about you?

I don't like it; it worries me how far this is going to go. I have nightmares of armed government men breaking down my door in the middle of the night, hauling us away, never to be heard of again. 

5. The Games of the 2014 Winter Olympics kick off with their opening ceremony this coming Friday....will you be watching? Which Winter Olympic event would you most like to see in person? Have you ever been to Russia? Any desire to go, Olympics or otherwise?
I might watch the opening ceremony, but I'm not a big fan of any of the sports. I do watch some of them occasionally to see how the US is doing. I've never been to Russia and no desire to go. I heard today that US citizens are facing some horrific conditions over there. That's terrible. There are other countries that could host the games that is more friendly and with better sanitary conditions.  

6. Share a good or bad sports related memory from your childhood or teen years.

I can't think of one. I enjoyed some sports in my younger years, but I was never very good. I loved to run but I was never fast enough to be in any track-related games. 

7. What's a must have song for you on a work out play list? If you don't work out, run, swim, bike, walk, or anything else that could be construed as 'exercise', then what's a song that motivates you to at least get up off the couch?
I do walk, when the weather is good, but I usually have hubby walk with me, so I don't use music. I love to dance, so any song with a good drum beat can get my feet to moving. 

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I'd like to find Puxatony Phil and shoot him. I'm sick of all the snow, ice and arctic temperatures. I want spring and I WANT IT NOW!!!  


3 comments:

  1. We have had a lot of snow this winter, we've got about 14 inches on the ground, plus some ice on top of that. I don't like the ice (although it makes for pretty pictures!), but I don't mind the snow this time of year. I love the changing seasons, and will definitely be ready for spring come end of March!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your answers and mine would be similar. I know you are so tired of the bitter cold and snow, snow, snow. Surely it cant be much longer, before you can actually see the ground again. Stay warm and safe...thats all we can do. Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Carol! I'm glad you joined in on Hodgepodge again this week! I have started to look forward to Joyce's questions. They always inspire me and make me think about things differently. It's fun seeing everyone's responses, too. Seems everyone has a crockpot and uses theirs often! Hope you get a break in the cold!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....