Not much has been going on here, except the weather, of course. It's been a roller coaster. Snow... arctic cold... more snow... sub-zero temperatures, etc. Poor Hubby. His little snowblower hasn't been able to take care of all the snow. He told our plow man that "if we get more than 6" of snow, just come on down." We've had him here 3 times.
My transition in my meds has been going fairly well. The new drug has some new side-affects though: restlessness, sleepless nights, more energy (which is good), diminished appetite (which is a good thing) and a little weight loss (which is also good). I may have to change my schedule and take it in the mornings so I can sleep better. I've been up since 4:00 this morning. I'm exhausted. I have a follow-up with my doctor tomorrow.
School is on another 2 hr. delay this morning because of the frigid air, so I have #4 grandson here. I'll get Grandpa up in a little while so he can drive Ian to school, then I get to go lay back down. Maybe I can get a nap before I start my day.
I met my sister for coffee yesterday after she got off work. I hadn't seen her since before Christmas. It was so good to have someone to talk to. I've been cooped up so long with only the hubby to talk to, I needed to get out. Guess what I found. There are still life-size people out there! All I've been seeing are the 6" ones in a black box.
Daughter #1 got possession of their new house last week so they're getting ready to move the furniture this coming weekend. She spent all last weekend painting all the rooms. Of course the weather forecast for this coming Saturday doesn't sound good. The temperature is going up, but with it comes rain and sleet. Ugh!
Daughter #3 got a new job at a new shop. I'm excited for her. She'll be close to home, walking distance when the weather warms up, and she'll be close to the boy's school. The gal that owns the business has a beauty shop in there and decided to get a massage therapist to expanded into a spa. She called Teresa then went about remodeling to give her a room of her own, plus anything else she needs.
I got a call from my brother in Texas. He's coming up next month for a visit. He asked me for just one thing to do for him.... melt all the snow before he gets here. I told him I'd try and sent him this picture...
It was just a joke. This is a real snapshot, but it was taken by someone north of here. My brother didn't respond. I don't think he found it funny. I hope I didn't scare him off. (I have to find some humor in this mess or I'll cry.)
I guess that's all I have to report. I'm going to try to get caught up on everyone's blogs now.
Thank you for stopping by.
Until next time....


As heavy as your snow is, and how cold it is, I dont know how you do anything outside of your house. Daughter #1 moving....in the cold and snow? Sounds like daughter #3 has a great opportunity in the new place. Hope you can get a nap...I plan on taking one shortly!
ReplyDeleteCarol, I sure don't miss that Ohio winter weather!! Great news about both daughters (#1 & #3)!! Also good news about the new meds! I think I need whatever you are taking...more energy and weight loss!! Bring it on! Hope you got that nap!!
ReplyDeleteHope the meds work out. It's really tough finding the right combination sometimes. I pray everything helps you get better.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about Cabin Fever. I had it today because was sick with a tummy thing again. Dang! I hate getting those things. Well, at least I didn't shoot 6 holes in my freezer (Jimmy Buffett ... ha ha).
It's suppose to get really cold (i.e. below 40) again here in Georgia. We sure are having a real winter. Y'all stay warm up there! ~:)
I really need to get out and get a few pictures of my street for you all to see. Maybe I'll feel up to blogging a little later. I know what you mean about being cooped up - you made me laugh with your comment about the 6" people!
ReplyDelete