I'm going to try something different today and NOT talk about the weather. Today is going to be a "positive thought only" day.
I love Sunday afternoons. After 6 days of taking care of priorities and duties, I take Sunday afternoon as my "day to play". I most often get to do whatever I want. I also try not to cook... unless hubby and I are hungry for something in particular. Today's dinner will be easy -- vegetable soup and ham wraps.
Speaking of wraps... I love them. I'd prefer them over a sandwich any day. Our daughter got me started on them. Before she moved to MI she had a delicious one she made and hubby really liked them. They were put in spinach tortillas. It was a change from the bland flour kind. Now, of course, as with several other things we liked to eat, they are no longer found in our area. I've searched out every grocery store around here and not one of them carries the spinach anymore. They evidently didn't make a profit for them to continue to stock them. Has there ever been something similar for you, something you like and can't find anymore? It's so frustrating.
My Dr. is not going to be happy when I see her next month. The trial medicine she put me on for my migraine is not working and the side affects are really bothering me. At the beginning I was feeling good. Now I'm constantly jittery, jumpy, itchy and can't sleep. Plus my concentration is failing. That's not good when it comes to my piano lessons. I can play a practice piece and do fairly well. I play it a second time and it's a little better. I play it a third time and I can't remember some of the notes I had just played. I look at them and can't figure out what note it is. It's bad and I get so upset. Also my hands are getting stiff. I'm not sure it has anything to do with the med, I think I read it in the list of side-affects, but it's getting harder to play. I had hubby buy me a professional stress ball yesterday. The one I was using was grandson's play ball and it was too hard. I'm using it to try to keep my fingers limber. It's awful getting old.
Decisions... decisions. Do I want to continue to watch the NCIS marathon on TV or put on a movie? I hope that's the only hard part of my day. hahaha
My baby brother and his family are coming up from Texas in a couple weeks for a visit. I'm looking forward to seeing them again. It's been almost a year since his last visit. He's already sent me a text to schedule a dinner with all of us at our favorite restaurant. They make a Texas tenderloin sandwich he's never seen before and he loves them. I get a message from him every once in awhile saying "guess what I'm hungry for". I instantly know.
I made a promise to a friend last week that I'd join her in a plan of exercise and supplements to a goal of better health and fitness. I've been lax in my promise. I'll be making some changes in my daily activities starting tomorrow and do what I told her I'd do. We both need someone to give encouragement and motivation.
I hope you have a great day.
Until next time...........

It's funny, I'm just the opposite on the weekends, 'cause I use Sunday's to get housework done. Now that I'm retired, I prefer the week day when all the bad kids are back in school and their parents are back to work (for those that still have work).
ReplyDeleteI hope your doctor can get the meds right for you. It's frustrating taking something that makes a condition even worse. I've had that happen too. Prayers that this can be rectified soon.
We use spinach tortillas for wrapping lots of yummy things. They're also good with low sugar peanut butter. And we're also having homemade vegetable soup plus fresh baked bread.
Hope you had a rested Sunday! ~:)
I sure hope your doctor can know what is going on, and perhaps give you a different med to control your migraines....side effects are miserable. I have never thought of using tortillas for a sandwich and I do love them, so may give them a try. We actually have some in the fridge right now. Hope your week ahead is a good one.
ReplyDeleteBoy oh boy, that last little ditty is SO true!! I can procrastinate with the best of them if I don't want to do something that needs doing! LOL
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed catching up on your news, Carol, and am happy your brother is coming for a visit!!
I hope you enjoyed your Sunday. I'm a bit behind in my blog reading...I didn't realize just how far behind. I'm sorry about your set-back with your medication. I do pray you can find something that works and your piano playing won't continue to suffer. Don't get too discouraged, remember it's not you, it's the medication.
ReplyDeleteI'm definitely in need of some encouragement and prodding in the weight loss department - consistency seems to be my biggest problem. I have until May 1st to lose...something - hopefully 15-20 pounds.