Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Trying Tuesday

10:13 pm: I hope you had a great Tuesday! It was another winter day. I'm so sick of this. We got a little bit of snow last night, less than a inch, but the frigid temperatures are returning. We'll be in the single digits again! This has become a pattern all winter.

Well, my plans changed yesterday. I've been so miserable the last few days, I knew I couldn't wait another 3 weeks to see the doctor. I called yesterday morning and got in at 3:00. One look at me and she knew. Her verdict? She put me back on the medicine I was taking, but she ran some tests to see if there isn't something else going on. I went straight over to the lab and had lots of blood drawn. She's calling me when she gets the results and we may go to Plan B.

I tried to practice my piano lesson last night, but quit after only a few minutes. I couldn't think and the sound was even getting on my nerves. Isn't that horrible, when I love it so much? (this too shall pass) Bob came in and asked why I quit. He said "I love to hear you play". That's so sweet of him. He's been my cheerleader all along, constantly encouraging me. What bothers me tho' is my daughters. They all know I've been taking lessons, almost a year now, and not one of them has asked how I'm doing or even if I'm still doing it. Oh, well. I have to get over this. One day when I play Chopin, they'll be surprised big time! (so will I!)

We had another big drug bust in town last night. The guy made a mistake uptown and was pulled over for a traffic violation. The officer's K-9 unit, Kane, sniffed it out. They went down to the guy's house with a warrant and found several adults and small children there with lots of different drugs and paraphernalia. It isn't always an old boarded up ramshackled house. It can be a nice place, but you never know what they're doing behind closed doors.

That's all my tidbits for today. I'm tired so I'm going to bed.

Until next time........

4 comments:

  1. Carol, I sure hope the lab work will tell the dr. what is going on and help you feel better. It is miserable to feel so bad all the time, and then have the unending snow and freezing temps. I have a bad case of the blahs right now...dont want to do anything, just sleep. I think they call that depression, and I am depressed over all this winter weather. About your daughters not saying anything about your piano playing, it isnt just yours. I have lost 40+ lbs. over this last year and not one single one has noticed or said a word. The drug situation is out of control all over the country. Sad. Well, let's hold our chins up and trudge on! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry...such an accomplishment should be celebrated by all, but I'm sure it would be much the same with my family. What is it with our kids? I keep trying to look back to see if I was that insensitive...gosh I hope not !

      Delete
  2. I'm praying the Dr. will find a remedy for you soon so you can get back to enjoying your music. I love that Bob is so encouraging - bless his heart!

    I totally understand how you feel about your daughters not asking about your piano. My son is the only one of my three that is interested in my music. He asked to make a special trip to hear me play the new organ when he visited. My youngest hears me every Sunday but rarely says anything which is good because when she does it's usually more negative than positive. My oldest daughter never asks and if it comes up in conversation she is quick to change the subject. She even said when she was here last that she has no desire to hear me play the organ. It hurts. Even if she doesn't like it, she could at least find a way to be encouraging. Oh well.

    Sorry, didn't mean to write a book - I guess you struck a chord with me on that topic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carol, I whispered a prayer as I read this. I hope your doctor has some answers and remedies for you. I know how frustrated you must be...with your health and that the kids haven't expressed an interest in your music. It's easy for us to dismiss it by thinking about how busy they are, but parents are always interested in the kids (no matter how old) and it is kind of sad. I know I think back on times I should have more in touch with my folks (and grandparents, for that matter). Maybe you just need to remind them next time they are visiting - just sit down and play!! Love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....