I've been thinking all day what I could write about today and not much comes to mind.
I hope you had a good Valentine's Day. I know not many of us get to do anything special for one reason or another, and the same goes here. But I still had a good day.
We had our 2 youngest grandsons over-night. Ages 7 and 9. Our daughter Teresa had a wedding to go to last night, so she left the boys with us. They haven't stayed over-night with us in a long time. They were so good. We had a good evening. Everyone was up early this morning, since their schedule calls for it, and we had cereal and donuts. Bob and I ran out to the store yesterday before they got here and Grandpa picked up all sorts of things for them. It was funny. Of course I made their favorite meal last night. Teresa picked them up a little while ago.
She got a call late yesterday afternoon from Hospice. She had a new massage client to see this coming week, but the lady was in so much pain and couldn't move her head. The family wanted Teresa to come out as soon as she could to help her. She went out this morning. When she left, the lady could move again. She was so thankful and made Teresa promise to come again this coming Wed. This is why my daughter can't get herself to quit. Those poor people tug at her heart, but she also cries when she loses some of them. She has stayed with Hospice longer than I thought she would. It's very emotional.
Our oldest daughter Lisa is moving today. They were afraid the weather would be too bad, but we are having a beautiful day for a change. The sun is shining bright and the temperature is up to 21°. It feels like a heat wave.
I hope you're having a great weekend.
Until next time........
Your daughter does such a good thing for those hospice patients. I'm sure it is difficult though, I admire her.
ReplyDeleteHospice does so much good for so many, and I thank your daughter for be part of it. Fun to have grandchildren spend the night, but it wears me out! lol I cant keep up their pace. Also glad your weather was good for Lisa to be able to move.
ReplyDeleteA wedding would be a welcome diversion right now. Something happy, with hope in it.
ReplyDeleteThe people who work for Hospice are all special. Your daughter is an earth angel. I think it's Christianity in action to be so kind to those who can not do for themselves. I hope she can keep at it. That's what Christ wants us all to do. Tell her THANK YOU from me. She is appreciated.
Warm Hugs ~:)