1. March is known as the windy month. Which of the following phrases best fits your March so far...'throw caution to the wind', 'three sheets to the wind', 'run like the wind', or 'see which way the wind blows'?
"See which way the wind blows". We've been thrown into some financial problems and some big decisions need to be made. Hubby and I are waiting to see which way to go, but we both know that it's all in God's hands and He will lead us and provide for our needs.
2. Your favorite green food? Your favorite dish made with your favorite green food?
Green beans. My favorite way of fixing them is in a pot with potatoes and ham.
3. Ever been locked out of your home-car-office-anywhere? Do tell!
I'm usually good about precautions to prevent this from happening. However, I did manage to lock myself out of the house one day, with my 3 small daughters. What did I do? I knew one of the windows on the back of the house wasn't locked shut, so I got the window open and lifted one of my girls in so she could go open the door.
4. Yoda, Kermit, Shrek, The Wicked Witch of the West, Oscar the Grouch, The Grinch, or Mike Wasowski (Monsters Inc.)... of the green characters listed, which one's your favorite and why?
Shrek.... when the DVD first came out, I rented it so my young grandson could watch it. I can't say Shrek is one of my favorites, but the time I spent sitting with Curtis, watching his little face and hearing his laughter.... that was priceless. That's what makes it a favorite.
5. "The first task of a leader is to keep hope alive."~Joe Batten Do you agree? Why or why not?
I agree. A leader is responsible for those under him and if he hasn't instilled any hope of success, they are like leaves flailing in the wind with no direction.
6. Share a favorite song with an emotion in it's title.
"I Can Only Imagine" Whenever I hear this song I feel it in my spirit and the tears will flow.
7. What's a road trip you'd like to take?
I love road trips. I don't have to be going any place or direction in particular. Just pack an over-night bag and get in the car. I like taking, what I call, "photo trips". We have to take the back roads, of course. No Interstate highways for us. My camera is in my lap and my driver has the wheel while I'm looking out the windows. There's so, so, much out there to see and shoot. Sadly, it's been years since I've done this, but every year when the winter fades away and everything comes back to life, I begin to get the desire to go.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I read an article earlier, posted by Redbook, and I had to chuckle a little. It was about interviews with today's husbands and their top complaints. In retrospect, men aren't really any different than women. We all want the same things from our mate.... well, almost.
"When you're dating, it's all about having fun together. But so much of that goes away once you're married."
"I know I'm at fault too, and that I sometimes take her for granted, but I resent my wife for always being the responsible one."
"I've been referred to by more than one woman as an incurable romantic. Unfortunately, my wife is no longer romantic, and I feel like my best quality is unappreciated."
"My wife was more voracious and sexually experienced than me when we first met, but once we moved in together, it's like she flipped the switch to off."
"I thought I was being the good guy by letting her make all the decisions at home, but I've since realized that it's one of the reasons why she's fed up with me."
"I care for my wife, but there is absolutely no intimacy in my marriage."
Until next time.....


Green beans fresh from the garden are hard to beat!
ReplyDeleteYour answers where fun! I have become a big fan of Monsters Inc. Mike Wasowski is one of my favorite fictional characters. My "dream trip" would be to drive from here (SE Georgia) to Southern California, then up the coast into Alaska, then back down to Washington, then over to the east coast of America, then home. *whew* That would be quite an adventure! And pricey too. ~:)
ReplyDeleteMy mom used to make green beans like you do - so good!!! Beautiful song, Carol, and you are right about men and women just wanting the same things. Offering prayer for your concerns, dear friend!!
ReplyDeleteI landed on your Hodgepodge post, so you're linking correctly : ) I love green beans too, and almost answered with that one. I like just pepper and a little onion on mine, and maybe a piece of bacon thrown in for flavor. I hope you find peace and resolution to your financial worries. Take care.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear of your financial concerns - I know what it's like.Sending prayers as you make the decisions you have to make.
ReplyDelete