Monday, March 3, 2014

Mon. March 3, 2014

I just got some very good news….. I'm going to be a great-grandma! (first time) I wasn't too surprised. They've been going together for quite awhile and engaged the last few months. Old-fashion that I am, I'd like to see them move up the wedding to …. Maybe …. Ummm …….. Next week? Lol  I think Hollie and Cass will be a good parents. 

I'm so excited! A new little one to hold and nuzzle. It's been so long. I miss that smell and the feel of one in my arms.  Our 'baby' is 7 yrs. old. And since we have 6 grandsons, I'd love to have a little girl. Maybe this one I can buy little dresses and cute pink things. Hollie, being our only grand-daughter was such a tom-boy, she didn't like that frilly stuff once she knew the different between jeans and dresses. She had a real hissy fit.  lol

I've had another busy day. I was up most of the night, couldn't sleep. I think the sun was coming up by the time my eyes closed.  But remarkably I felt good when I did get up. I got a load of laundry done, then went out in the cold to keep my hair appointment. I hadn't seen her in 2 months and I couldn't wait to get my hair cut. When I got home, I tore my office apart and cleaned it, then I sat down for an hour before I threw together a chicken and rice casserole for supper. After we had all the dishes done, I did get in an hour of practice. Now I'm tired. I think I may be able to sleep tonight.

We had lots of sunshine today, but was it ever cold. It got down to minus 5 last night and didn't climb up much during the afternoon. Bob kept asking me if I was sure I wanted to go out in this, and it actually didn't bother me. Of course the car was warmed up for me and I parked in front of the door to the shop. It just felt good to get some fresh air.

I hope you have a great day.


Until next time……..

4 comments:

  1. There is nothing like a baby to make you smile. Glad you got out for a bit and at least your hair is done now, if the weather gets even worse. It is unreal to me the amount of snow the whole country has dealt with this year. Spring cant come soon enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Great-grandma...wowsers! That's wonderful! I hope you get a girl I'm old fashioned too...I think those things should wait until after marriage because God doesn't change nor do His desires for our lives - but tell that to the young people...I've tried.

    I'm sorry you're not sleeping well. I do understand what you mean about getting out in the fresh air. Sometimes you just have to go no matter how cold.

    Chicken and rice sounds good...I haven't made that in ages because I will no longer purchase canned soup and that's what my recipe calls for. I will have to find a new way to make it because I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! When you read my Hodgepodge tomorrow, you'll see that I am old fashioned, too, Carol. But things are different today, I guess. Sigh. Hope you sleep well tonight! Sounds like a busy day, and I know how good it feels to get your hair done! Stay warm up there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being great grandma. I'm with you, they really need to go ahead and get the license now. It's the mature thing to do. Not too sound harsh, but if she still wants to play bride, they can have the ceremony later. Give the kid a name. I was a bastard. It's not fun growing up with that stigma.

    I'm down with a roaring head cold this week but I feel like tomorrow will finally be better. So, maybe that's what I'll do is, clean my office. It's still wet, windy, and cold here in SE Georgia. I need to stay inside again. This sitting around is making me stir crazy! *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....