We had another storm
come through overnight, but we really can't complain this time. We do have
about 4" of snow that still needs to be moved out of the way, especially on the back deck, but the
forecast yesterday was predicting a lot more.
Now we're going into more frigid
temperatures, down to minus 3 tonight. I'm feeling optimistic tho' that spring is on the way. The temperatures this weekend is suppose to be in the 40's. That will feel warm to us.
I hate having
trouble with the neighbors and I'll avoid a confrontation at all cost. However,
when they've over-stepped their boundaries, someone has to inform them. We had
such a day Friday. Our neighbor's house is built backwards, I think anyways, or
it was remodeled that way … their front door is on the side facing our
driveway. Consequently their company thinks OUR driveway is theirs, so it's
nothing for them to park at the end and block all cars from coming in or
leaving. Teresa went to school with the girl next door, so she went over to
talk to her. They wouldn't come to the door. Teresa put a note on the car and
her and I went on to town. When we got back from running her errands, the car
was gone. Bob got them to answer the door for him and they moved it right away
when they heard his tone of voice. My point is…. No matter whose drive it is,
that's still inconsiderate, (doing only what benefits you and to heck with
anymore else) which seems to be very common these days.
Teresa posted this
on her Facebook page yesterday:
"Just when you
think the world is full of selfish, ungrateful, disrespectful people that
always have their hand out and just take from you, a complete stranger at
Kewpee buys me and my son dinner without saying a word to me." I think her faith in humanity may have
changed a slight bit. There are still good, caring people out there. Maybe that person felt she needed a blessing.
And she did. (This is the daughter that needs wrist surgery.)
Kewpee has the best hamburgers and milk shakes around and, when in season, a strawberry pie that would make my grandmother a fan. Teresa and I love eating there.
Today was a quiet
Sunday and I've done very little. I tried to practice but my brain isn't
working today. We watched a movie this afternoon then I fried some fish for
supper. It tasted so good. I love fish and can get a craving for it any time of the day. Now I'm just going to play the rest of the evening. Hope you've had a great day.
Today's question... it's 6:00 pm. Are you going to eat dinner or supper?
Until next time…..



Sorry to hear y'all had more snow. It must seem like winter will never end. Here in the South, lunch is dinner and the evening meal is supper.
ReplyDeleteHaving once endured city living, I think most neighbors are jerks. I like being a country bumpkin. If someone parks on my property uninvited, we can take further action. *wink* Not that I would do that. *wink, nudge* *smile*
Hope your supper was good! God bless. ~:)
Too bad about the inconsiderate neighbor. We have had a few over the years, but have been blessed for many years with really good people on both sides of us. How nice that your daughter received a great pay-it-forward type gift at the Kewpee restaurant!! Wishing you a good week ahead!
ReplyDelete