Saturday, March 1, 2014

Sat. March 1, 2014

Welcome to March!! I'm still waiting for any signs of spring.

Daughter #2 had her surgery Thursday and did just fine. She went in at 10:30 and was home by 1:30. She could have left sooner but the anesthesia made her sick to her stomach, so they kept her a little longer. She's doing just fine now.

Hubby's dinner Thursday  night wasn't too bad. It was a recipe he saw on Facebook called cheeseburger pie. I let him make the whole dish. I was going to help, but our daughter and her husband called to tell us about her surgery and how she was doing. By the time I got off the phone, he had it in the oven. After the first few bites, he called the recipe a 'keeper'.  I made notes on how to improve it next time. :)



Yesterday was a busy one. I didn't get any of the things done that I had planned, including practicing. Those kinds of days fly by too fast.

#3 daughter called to tell me she was on her way to town to take care of some errands and would I ride along with her. I knew it was her way of saying I need to talk to you, without Dad. She had come by last Wednesday so upset and full of tears over something, but didn't want to talk about it at the time. So I let her calm down and waited until she was able to talk about it. She told me yesterday.

She's had pain in her right wrist for some time now and being a massage therapist it kept getting worse until she went back to the Dr. and had an MRI. She got the report Wed. She needs surgery. She has torn ligaments and cysts building up in it. If she doesn't have the surgery soon, she will lose the use of her hand. She kept saying her career was over. If you would, she needs lots of prayer.

We got all of her errands done and she took off for home to pick up the boys from school. An hour later, hubby gets a phone call, makes a few calls then tells me he has to run out to the Elks to meet some guys about the NRI raffle. I grabbed my Kindle and rode along with him. Then we ran out to the ATM and picked up some sandwiches on the way home. By the time we ate our 'nutritious' dinner, I was too tired to do anything else. I watched some TV then went to bed.

Everyone has their eyes on the weather channel -- again. There's another snow storm coming our way. It's to hit us late tonight. As of last night, they're predicting 3-5" or possibly 10-12" of snow. Bob got gas for the snow blower, getting prepared for whatever comes our way. We'll have to wait and see. But this could mean several more days of confinement. I'm so sick of this.

My doctor got a new wall hanging in one of his exam rooms. I like it.


I hope you have a great weekend.

Until next time……..


3 comments:

  1. First and most important, I will be praying for your daughter. I know she is upset and rightly so, but we will ask God to make the surgery successful and that she will be able to do her massage therapy. Our kids never get to old to need us, do they? You didnt say what that is that your hubby cooked, but it sure looks good. Hope the rest of your weekend goes well, and that the snow passes you by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your daughter may count on my prayers, too. How frightening and frustrating for her. When she gets the surgery done (soon!!), I'm sure if she follows doctor's orders and does her therapy properly, she will be back in business. Better to be down for a couple of months, than to lose the use of her hand completely. I'm sure she understands the progress good therapy will bring.

    The cheeseburger pie looks good!! When you make the needed improvements, share the recipe with us, please!! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pie looks great! I have a recipe for that, I'd love to make some but it's not in the diet.

    I'm putting your daughter on my prayer list. Hopefully with the surgery and physical therapy she'll be able to massage again.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....