Today was a beautiful day. The temperature got up to a whopping 60° !! It felt so good to be able to get out and walk around, soaking up some of the sun's rays on the face.
As Bob and I were getting ready to wash up the dishes from supper, he asked if I'd like to take a walk. He didn't have to beg me. I had my shoes on and ready before he could put the left-overs in the refrigerator.
We didn't go very far, being the first day out after such a long winter indoors. We did go around several blocks. It felt so good. Habitat for Humanity is building a house a couple blocks over from us. We've been hearing the trucks and backhoes so we walked over to get a closer look at their progress. Won't be long before a family will be moving in.
A couple years ago I read a book called "Heaven is for Real". I loved the true story of 4 yr. old Colton and his trip to heaven. When he came back, he started telling his parents, in little bits and pieces, the things he saw, the people he talked to and the white horse that only Jesus can ride. Of course, everyone was in shock and didn't want to believe him. However, his father, Pastor Burpo, a small town Nebraska preacher, began to believe Colton's stories. He then wrote a book to share Colton's story.
Now they've made a movie about it and it's coming out in
the theaters over Easter.
Did you read the book? Do you want to see the
movie? I'm not sure if I do. I'm afraid Hollywood has ruined the story,
like they do so many times. Example: "Noah" the movie. It's going to be in the theaters soon. However, the producer himself said this is just an "old story" and that it's the most 'un-biblical' Biblical movie ever made. Plus he's an atheist.
There's another movie in the theaters now titled "God's Not Dead". That one I want to see. I want to see how one college student handles his atheist professor (played by Kevin Sorbo) and the assignment he's been given to do.
Have you watched this one? If so, what did you think of it?
I'd love to hear your thoughts on both movies.
Until next time...........
I'm so glad it finally warmed up for y'all. It was beautiful here too. I also need zero encouragement to go for a walk.
ReplyDeleteI don't watch new movies. It would be very welcome to hear something good about a new movie for once. ~:)
Carol, I have read that book about Heaven and loved it. Like you, I'm not sure if I want to see the movie. I refuse to go see Noah. Sounds awful. I hadn't heard about God's Not Dead, but am intrigued. I'll be interested in what you think!!
ReplyDeleteI can't help but wonder why all these movies about God and Heaven have come out recently. This is the first I have heard of these two. I don't know if I'll see any of them - though I'd kind of like to. Has anyone here seen The Son of God? I'm wondering what it's like. Thank you for sharing the trailers.
ReplyDelete