Saturday, March 29, 2014

Simply Saturday

This is going to be short and sweet. Not much has been happening around here. I did get a little energetic and baked some cookies.

And while they were still warm, I made a cup of coffee to go with them.... put my feet up and relaxed. 

The cup was a gift from my sister-in-law for my birthday. I've helped her a few times with her computer. I laugh and think of her every time I see the cup. It takes 2 hands to hold it. See Bob's coffee cup next to it? Also a gift -- from one of the grandsons.

Today's been another dark, rainy, cold day. We even had some sleet and snow. So, I've just been playing all day. I did get in some practice.



When I said I didn't do much today, I meant it. This was my supper. Bob heated up a bowl of the left-over casserole for his.

I'm still having trouble with my prescription for the migraine. I'm still jittery and my eyesight is blurry. My doctor told me this would probably happen, but to give it a couple weeks and if I don't get better,  to call her. Each day it is a little better.

Bob and I went out to WalMart yesterday and I had to push the cart because of my balance and eyes. But after we had been there awhile, things got better for me and I gave him back his cart. hahaha He loves to be in control.


My grandson Ian was on cloud 9 this morning at the bowling awards presentation. He and his team took several trophies home. They got city champs, league champs, and Ian took boys high game. He loves sports and has tried playing them all, but when it came to getting on a bowling league, he found his niche and he loves it. We're all so proud of him.

That's all for now.
Until next time....................



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to Ian and his bowling team!! That is some pretty fantastic bowling! Three trophies!

    The cookies look delicious! I haven't had a bowl of oatmeal in a couple of years. We used to eat it a lot - not sure what happened. Now I use it in cookies and meatloaf. Might have to make some for breakfast, soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great about Ian's success at bowling - give him my congratulations.

    A relaxing day sounds very nice to me - I'm actually hoping that's how today turns out. I hope and pray your balance and eyesight continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did relax today. The cookies and coffee look so yummy. I hope the migraine medicine works like it's suppose to. It's awful to suffer with those things. My step-mom used to suffer from them. I can sure sympathize. We "relaxed" planting our Spring vegetable garden and flowers. I'm learning how to use Windows 8.1. The new computers weren't the drama I thought (i.e. worried) it would be. Hope it warms up for y'all soon! ~:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....