It's Wednesday already? It seems like I just wrote up answers to the last one. My days are going way to fast. Anyways, here's my thoughts for today's Hodgepodge. I hope you'll enjoy and come back again.
1. Thursday marks the first day of spring...to celebrate would you rather plant a garden or go for a walk in the woods? Would either of those activities be possible on Thursday where you live?
I would rather get out for a nice long walk (no woods around here, just neighbors). Our winter has been so crazy, I've spent most of the time cooped up in the house. I'm just dying to get out and see some wide open spaces. I'm anxious to get some flowers for my beds out front, but will it be possible to do either Thursday? No. We still have snow on the ground and it's suppose to rain. That will help melt the remainder of the snow.
2. When did someone last spring something on you? (or when did you last spring something on someone?)
Our only grand-daughter told us a couple weeks ago we were going to be great-grandparents! I'm so excited! We haven't had a little one in the family in 8 years. I get to buy those tiny little socks and frilly little dresses! I sure hope it's a girl. Hollie's 22 then the 6 grandsons (ages 21-8), so I haven't bought a little dress in over 20 years!!!
3. We often think of spring as a time for new beginnings. What's something you'd like to start doing this spring?
I'm sure everyone has said this before, and definitely have heard it many times, but I will be getting more exercise in my daily routine and getting healthier. I've been letting myself get lazy.
4. Where do you like to sit in a movie theatre? When did you last sit there, and what were you watching?
I love movies, but I haven't been to a theater in years. Hubby refuses to go. When I did go, I always liked to sit in the center section, half way down, along the aisle. The last time I went, I took my mother to see the movie "Benji" that she wanted to see so bad. She loved it. Does that tell you how long it's been for me?
5. When you meet someone for the very first time, what do you want them to think about you?
I hope they see a kind, gentle woman who would do anything for her friends.
6. March is frozen food month (yes, really!). Besides ice cream (gotta make you think a little) what's your most often purchased frozen food item?
Frozen vegetable. And lots of them.
7. What's something you avoid?
Confrontations.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
What's been on my mind so much lately...... After 67 years, I've finally had one of my dreams come true. Thanks to a very special lady and now a good friend, I'm taking piano lessons from her, online. However, I've gotten to the point where it's time for me to move up to a real piano. She's gotten me almost as far as I want to go on the little electronic keyboard my husband bought for me a few years ago. Oh, I'm not complaining one little bit. I'm ecstatic. If it hadn't been for my husband's gift and his encouragement, plus Julie, her instruction and patience, and the internet, I wouldn't be where I am now.
Now, I'm trying to find a good used piano, putting the word out to everyone I know. So far, nothing. I know there's one out there for me. I'm praying the Lord will lead me to it, and soon. hahaha Am I impatient? Ummmm............


Good for you for taking piano lessons! If you can't find a used one, you could consider the rent to own option. Just a thought. My hubby bought me a piano when we first got married cuz my childhood hoe had one - and my grandparents homes too. It was a normal part of a house for me! I took lessons as a child, then again, shortly after getting married & getting the piano. I don't play it as often as I should now. But I play flute in the community band and handbells at church. I love music!
ReplyDeleteI sure hope you find a piano soon! What fun you will have! I'm so excited for you Carol, and am proud that you are working so hard to learn an instrument. It is much harder for us...more mature people...to start something new like that!! I'm jealous, just a little!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed your answers and CONGRATULATIONS on the coming great grandchild!! Hoping it's a girl, so you can buy those cute frilly little things! Please keep us posted!!
The picture that you chose to accompany your random thought is adorable!
ReplyDeleteYou know how much I want you to find that piano - keep telling everyone, maybe someone has one they will be willing to give away or sell without wanting an arm and a leg. You're doing so well!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your upcoming Great-grandma status! I can't even imagine what that would feel like.
Congrats on becoming a great grandmother!! I love to buy the little dresses and socks too. I pray she has an easy birth and the baby is healthy.
ReplyDeleteI've had piano playing aspirations myself, but gave it up. Even though I used to enjoy singing I've really no talent for music.
Great answers. I'm enjoying learning more about all my blogging buddies. ~:)
Good for you for taking piano lessons! Love the photo of you at your recital. ;-)) (Cute, isn't it!!) And I too hope you get a grandbaby girl! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new baby coming! So exciting and maybe you'll get to buy pink! Yay for taking piano lessons!
ReplyDeleteBenji! Wow it has been a while since you've been in a theatre! Congratulations on your new grandbaby. I'll be rooting for a girl too : )
ReplyDelete