What a busy week!! It's been a good week tho'. My brother and his family from Texas have been here for a visit and we've had a good time together. However, last evening, our last time together before they all head for home, wasn't good. But more on that later...
The reason for their trip to Ohio this time of year is for David's in-law's anniversary party. Each year Becky's family throws a huge party for her parents. While they're here, they always stay at her parent's home in Antwerp because they have more bedrooms than I have. Consequently, I only see my brother when he can drive the 30 miles to my house, which is about every other day.
David, his son and his 2 children were planning to come see us Wed., but the weather forced them to stay in Antwerp. We had another big snow storm move in Tuesday night and by Wed. afternoon, when it was all said and done, we had icy roads, strong winds, white-outs, big drifts closing off some roads and 7 more inches of snow on the ground. David remembers how to drive on this, but it's been awhile, so I told them not to try the drive here. "We should be able to get together Thursday", and we did. I almost wished I'd have stayed home tho'.
I can count on one hand the number of times any of my family's actions in public have ever ashamed or embarrassed me, and never with my own children. I hate the feeling terribly and I'll always try to remedy the situation immediately, if I can. Last evening I couldn't fix it. And it was bad.
We had planned to meet up with our sister when she got off work. We all met at our favorite restaurant. I knew her husband would probably join us, but I didn't think she had invited her 'whole' family... 6 more adults and 5 children (my sister's grandchildren). The 4 girls... all age 5 and 6 (old enough to know better) ... were horrible. They CONSTANTLY made loud noises, those kind that drive you crazy, and they ran around the tables, grabbed the adult's arms wanting to wrestle, and rolling on the floor. And not one adult stopped it!! I sat there and bit my tongue the whole evening. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and put my coat on to leave. I kept hoping the manager would come out and tell them to quiet down. Now I just hope I can show my face in there again. I'll just tell the girls when I go through the door .... "Bob and I are alone this time!"
OK, enough of my rant for today.
Until next time..........

My, you have had a busy week. We have too what with a death, people traveling, etc. And I agree, that's a good rant! I can't stand noisy people with bratty kids either. Hope you can unwind this weekend and relax while. Plus, it needs to warm up your way. I know you must be sick of winter. ~:)
ReplyDeleteOh my, Carol. I can only imagine, and how sad that those children weren't disciplined and made to act the way they should in a public place like that. I think the staff will understand when you and Bob go next time and let them know you are alone. What a shame, though. Sure ruined your last night with your brother. So sorry! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry your evening was ruined! How unfortunate those children aren't being taught how to behave in public.
ReplyDelete