We have another good batch of interesting questions today. Thank you, Joyce. You're making my brain work hard, for sure, but that's a good thing at my age. Here's how you can join in... CLICK HERE
1. Do you have an interest in learning about your family's heritage? Why or why not? If you know a little bit about your roots, share an interesting piece of trivia or a fun fact about someone who goes way back on your family tree.
I love genealogy research. I've been working on my family for years. For the most part, it's been very interesting. As for a fun fact or piece of trivia, I'm not sure I have one right now. So many things I've found about our families has been interesting, but only to us.
2. Branch Rickey, the baseball exec credited with signing Jackie Robinson, is quoted as saying-
"Luck is the residue of design.
Agree or disagree? Why?I do not believe in Luck. I believe in God laying out a path for us but we are each responsible for making our own decisions. If we follow His guidance, that's a blessing and has nothing to do with luck.
3. In the town where you currently reside, what's your favorite green space?
In our little town here in Ohio, we have very few places I call a green space. Jubilee Park, just a few blocks from my house, was built around existing trees, which are beautiful in the fall. There is a large pond stocked with fish and a few years ago a group built a butterfly house which now draws in many beautiful butterflies of all colors. That's always fun to walk down and watch them in the summer.
4. Who is your favorite comedian?
I'm afraid there is no longer any comedians that I listen to. The language and jokes have turned so ugly and vulgar. That's not funny to me.
5. March is National Nutrition Month, and almost everyone needs to improve their diet in some way. What about you? How can you improve your nutrition on a daily basis? Will you try?
I've been slowly changing our eating habits but just slowly so Hubby doesn't suffer from withdrawal. hahaha Personally, I need to cut back on the starches and sugar. I've done so with red meats because of my cholesterol levels, and I'm working on the others.
6. Which of these green expressions have you 'experienced' in recent weeks -green with envy, green thumb, green around the gills, or give the green light? Explain.
I don't envy people; I don't have a green thumb; I haven't been sick in awhile; I can't remember giving the green light on anything recently. I lead a rather dull life, don't I?
7. Where is one place you don't mind waiting?
This probably sounds weird to some, but I don't mind it in the doctor's waiting room. I'll sit and eavesdrop on conversations. Some are funny. But usually I'll take my Kindle with me and enjoy reading my book while I wait. Often times I will learn who the killer is while I wait.
8. Insert your own random thought here.


good answers...we are a lot alike! I dont like comedy shows either because of the language and most of the time, guests are half dressed, etc. I havent done any ancestry hunting, but I have one cousin who has and she usually sends things to me.
ReplyDeleteI wish we had a butterfly garden....that is neat.
I always enjoy Hodgepodge Wednesday!! Our #6 answers are nearly identical! I always have my Kindle books with me, but I still don't like waiting more than a few minutes! Impatient patient! Ha!
ReplyDelete