Wednesday, April 9, 2014

April, Spring and Eggs Hodgepodge


It's hump day! That means another week is almost over. However, for a retired old lady, today is just another day, except we have another group of hodgepodge questions, compliments of Joyce, "From This Side of the Pond". If you'd like to join in the fun, here is how: How to join

1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?

Dec. 21 of last year I showered lots of attention on my twin daughters plus I had attention showered on me. It was our birthday. You see, the girls were born on my 24th birthday, so each year, on that day, the family showers us all with love. 

2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!

Not having gone to college, I have no story to tell.

3. It's National Pecan Month... are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?

I'm not sure I'd say I was a "fan" but I do like pecans (sometimes) in chocolate fudge and I may have a taste of pecan pie during the holidays but that's about all. 

4. 'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'... which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?

I've often had 'egg on my face' especially when I run my mouth before my brain gets in gear.

5. In my experience ___________________________________.

In my experience, with 47 years of marriage to the same man, I can honestly say..... men ARE from Mars. 

6. What's a favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?

I've been a fan of the songs of the Temptations for many years ......


7. What does the word hope mean to you?

It's not the end. Even tho' things may look bad at the time, if I have hope for a better outcome, I don't need to give up. Hope can sometimes bring happiness and combat depression.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

In north-east Indiana, yesterday was the YWCA rally for "Equal Pay for Equal Work". Women were on street corners with signs. They call it a rally, not a demonstration, saying that women haven't made a whole lot of progress in this important issue. A woman still only makes 77¢ on the dollar compared to men's wages, with black women making even less. 
I honestly believe if a woman is working along-side a man, she deserves the same pay. But on the other hand, if she's not able to do the same job, doing less and needing help from a man with more strength, that's different. There are some jobs that women don't deserve the same pay and possibly shouldn't even be there. Take factory work for example. Women have fought and gotten their way in taking jobs they shouldn't have because the work is not "female friendly". Therefore, she's not physically able to compete with the men. She often needs a man's help if the job requires heavy lifting. In that case, I feel she does not deserve the same pay. 
The women at this rally said at the rate the country is going, all women won't be making the same pay as men until the year 2056. I don't think I'll see that. 

Until next time...........

4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the answers. It's already against the law to have separate pay scales for men and women. The so called Inequality in pay is a ruse. They don't care about being fair, it's about the spread of more communism through regulations. God bless. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to have daughters born on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom doesn't put pecans in her fudge because she doesn't like it much so I'm used to it without but do like to have some with pecans sometimes.

    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about equal for equal....but women MUST perform equally to get the same pay. If a female firefighter can't do the job, she shouldn't be there. Heavy hoses and equipment. A size 2 woman just can't carry 100 pounds. I've always had a problem with this subject!! LOL

    Love your answers!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....