Time for another version of Hodgepodge Wednesday.........
1. I've read several posts and status updates recently describing end of year school field trips. Do you remember taking school field trips as a kid? Where did you go and do you recall a favorite? For any parents responding today, have you ever chaperoned a school field trip, and if so where?
When I was in school here in our little Ohio town, we didn't go on field trips. The only treat we got at the end of the year was a picnic. However, when my girls were in school, they had a field trip one year to the Armstrong Air and Space Museum in Wapakoneta, Ohio. I chaperoned for the first time. We rode by school bus and I'll never forget the torture of the hard seats, all the children excited and very, very loud. And the smell!! All those little bodies were perspiring from the heat on that bus. That was the last time I volunteered, but we all had a great time. I enjoyed the museum so much, I took my hubby and our daughters down the following summer when I had more time to look at more exhibits.
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
Pictures of Michelle Obama... and I'm not going to say anything more about that.
2. What's something you're tired of seeing online?
Pictures of Michelle Obama... and I'm not going to say anything more about that.
3. June is the month for roses. Which of the following expressions would you say has most recently applied to your life - 'everything's coming up roses', 'there's no rose without a thorn', 'came out smelling like a rose', or 'wearing rose-colored glasses'?
"There's no rose without a thorn" Or as the song goes, "Every rose has it's thorn". In life, to enjoy the beauty, we also have to deal with the thorns.
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
4. When grilling outdoors do you prefer gas or charcoal? Who does the grilling at your house? What's the last thing you ate that was cooked on a grill?
I like the gas grill because it's faster and more convenient, but the food lacks the taste from a good charcoal fire. Hubby always insists on doing the grilling at our house, but I have to watch him close or he burns the food. The last thing I ate were hamburgers on a charcoal grill at our daughter's house.
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
5. Are you afraid of the dark?
No, but I am afraid of wrapping my toes around something that would results in my screaming some nasty words.
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
6. Share a favorite song with a number in it's title.
7. "Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves."(C.G. Jung). Do you agree? Why or why not?
I agree, to some extent, especially in the last few years where I've become more aware of some things in my own personality that I'm not proud of. And that has only happened because I've been irritated by that trait in someone else. They're unaware of what they're doing, or they don't see it as being annoying to others. They have made me more aware of myself.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have a question for you.... have you ever sat down to a meal at your house, another family member's or a friend's house, where someone else has cooked for you and you didn't like it, but you ate it anyways so as not to hurt the cook's feelings? Then if they asked you if you liked it, did you tell the truth or lied to them? I just had that happen and I couldn't tell him I didn't like it.

Great answers.
ReplyDeleteI couldnt tell them either. I would probably eat it quickly and just say I had a nice time....not that I enjoyed the meal! lol
ReplyDeleteOh how I used to LOVE that song!!!
ReplyDeleteOnce upon a time I would've lied, but not now. I would've said that I just didn't particularly care for it!
Double Ditto to #2. Speaking of which, this administration is a #2 on America. *cough*
ReplyDeleteI've eaten food that was nothing to rave about and, I lied, I told them I liked it. I can't hurt someone's feelings over such a trivial thing. Now, if I had to eat that meal all the time, I would offer to show them a different way of cooking it (nicely, gently, I hope). Oh, gosh, now if we ever get to dine together, you'll wonder if I'm telling the truth or not. *LOL* ~:)
You know I agree with you on #2. No apologies. As to your #8.... it would depend on who the person is. I have gently turned down lemon-flavored desserts because I just don't like lemon-flavored desserts. But again, it would depend on who made the food - how well I know them.
ReplyDeleteJoyce gave us another good Hodgepodge!!