Sunday, June 15, 2014

Beautiful Sunday

I've been working on this post for 2 days! I just can't seem to find anything to talk about. The problems of this past week are still taking resident in my head. I haven't been able to concentrate. Hubby is doing just fine, but the lack of nicotine is turning him into a monster. It's hard. I just need to bite my tongue or leave the room. 

Weather-wise, we had a couple beautiful days! Perfect, in fact! Clear blue sky, mid-70's and very low humidity. Just what I ordered.  However, that's now gone; it's warming up again and the humidity is climbing. We closed all the windows and turned on the A/C again. 


Daughter Lori sent me this picture of grandson Dylan. He loves their new grill. He's becoming quite the chef. He also, occasionally, will make some great appetizers or desserts for our family dinners. It does my heart good to see the kids do things like this. And I'm definitely in favor of all teenagers, especially boys, to learn to cook. 

Today's Father's Day and two of our girls stopped by for a few minutes to see their dad. Lori, who lives in Michigan, couldn't make the trip again. She was down last weekend when he got out of the hospital. 

I've been looking up heart-healthy recipes, trying to make our meals better for both of us. My biggest problem is trying to find a local store where I can find some good fish. 

Now that school's out for the summer, we were suppose to have our 2 youngest grandsons tomorrow, but Teresa pulled her back out (again) and won't be able to work, so the boys won't be coming.  

I hope you've had a great weekend. Until next time..............



3 comments:

  1. Every morning when I get up, I get my coffee and come to the computer. I sit down, and every single day, I think, what in the world can I write about. The longer I sit here I guess something comes to my mind....so, I understand what you are saying. Glad hubby is ok. Quitting smoking they say is really hard, but with his heart, it is best. We are now having 90+ days and I dont like it and rarely stick my head out the door if I dont have to. Not long ago we were all complaining about the cold and snow....hehehe Are people ever really satisfied?
    Have a good week ahead my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister told me on the phone that she quit smoking last month, but didn't want to tell me until she had a few weeks under her belt. She is using the gum and the electric cigs, and says it is working for her. I know it is hard. I quit in 1983. Now I can't stand to be around it, and can sniff out a smoker from 10 feet! LOL

    Joe has four stents in his heart. We have been through that a few times. He does not watch his diet (at all) but does take his meds faithfully. His last stress test and EKG were all okay, thank God.

    Hoping Bob starts feeling better once the nicotine is out of his system. It just takes time! You have to put up with it, so I hope it is soon!

    I have trouble knowing what to blog about too, which is why my posts are boring drivel a good part of the time. But, I love checking in with friends here!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the nicotine withdrawal. Hubby should try the e-cigarettes. I've heard that so many people have been able to quit gently thanks to the "e". It's nothing to be ashamed of. Even caffeine is a drug and billions are addicted to that!

    I like the grill. My hubby swears by charcoal. Won't touch propane. *giggle* I can't tell the difference. It's so funny.

    I know y'all like the warmth but golly between the heat and humidity it's getting devastating here. Is it Fall yet? [complain, complain, complain right?] *lol*

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....