I wrote a few days ago about finding an old childhood friend and about her coming for a visit this past weekend. Last Thursday she called my cell phone, asking what my address was and if I lived in a little white house with a fence in front. She was sitting out there in her car. It was so funny, we started out with a good laugh. It was so good to see her again.
Friday the 4 of us went out to eat at our favorite eatery. I'm afraid that didn't go well. It started out with a mis-communication regarding the time. My fault. When they didn't show up, I called her cell phone and kept getting her voice-mail. That had me worried. I tried and tried to get her, but couldn't. Come to find out, she had left her phone at her daughter's house. Michelle called Penny and told her that I had been "burning up her phone" and so she called me with her husband's phone. They were sitting in the restaurant waiting for us. That was #1.
#2 was dashing up to the restaurant to meet them, only to run into my sister-in-law (with the rude mouth) just inside the door. Right away I knew this was not going to be good. And it wasn't. I won't go into details here.
#3 was finally finding Penny and her husband sitting in a booth next to the kitchen. Not a good place to sit if you intend on talking with your table-mates. I think a couple waitresses were angry over something, so trays and plates were banging and falling on the floor. With my migraine, that was NOT good. Every time it happened, I think my heart skipped a beat.
#4 was the food. Friday is always the seafood buffet, so that's what we all ordered. We took turns going up to fill our plates. Just as I got back to our table with my food, a tray of dishes went on the floor. I jumped, but didn't drop my food, thank goodness. However, I could only eat a little of it, so there I sat with all this food on a plate in front of me that would go into the garbage. I hate doing that and I don't usually do it. By then I was really on edge, that Penny (the nurse) kept watching me and asking if I was alright.
I had told Penny earlier, in one of our emails, about this constant migraine symptoms I have, but people just don't understand what I go through when it gets bad like that. And I get so tired of trying to explain what's happening to me. My own husband doesn't understand. Sometimes I think it would be better if I did have the pain. People would understand that.
Penny and her husband came back to the house with us. We sat around talking for quite a while. Our daughter #3 came in with the 2 youngest grandsons. That was nice. Penny had never seen Teresa. When they moved to Florida, our twins were little, and Teresa was just a passing thought. hahaha
One good thing that came out of Teresa and the boys coming in. I got to hug and love on the little ones, which brought me back to earth, calmed my nerves and helped me to relax. But sadly they had to leave by then. It was 8:30 and Penny had things to do before her grand-daughter's wedding the next day. Today is Monday, so Penny and Tim are on their way home, back to Riverview, Florida. It was good seeing her after all those years and we did a lot of reminiscing. She's coming back up the latter part of August. I'm praying for better times then.
The summer heat and humidity have arrived here in Ohio. Right now it's a sunny 90° with 54% humidity. I think I'm spending my time indoors again. That's ok. I'm working on my music, still practicing.
I hope you had a good weekend.
Until next time............
Well, bless your heart! You where so excited about seeing Penny again and things got twisted. Darn, I hate it when that happens. My step mom used to suffer with migraines. Poor thing. She would be struck and then be down for the count. I think there's a medication available that relaxes the sufferer and helps? I think? There's been some real medical breakthroughs on that front. I pray that you're never troubled again. And I'll bet Penny enjoyed the visit anyway. She'll be back and next time will be better. Praying for you from here. Get well soon. ~:)
ReplyDeleteMy goodness.....if anything could go wrong, it did. Sorry about all that, but still glad you got to spend time with your friend, and maybe the next time, it will be better. Those migraines must be horrible. I have never had them, but know people that do, and it is miserable. Hope as I type, they are gone and you feel ok again.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, how disappointing! I"m so sorry things didn't go as well as you had hoped in seeing your friend. I do pray that when you see her in August that you will have a much more relaxing time and no migraine! I'm so sorry you're suffering, but I have to say what a joy it was for me to read that you're still practicing on your music!!!! Good for you!! I'm so proud of you for keeping on!! I miss you! God bless you!
ReplyDelete