Tomorrow is the official first day of the summer season 2014. However, I think Mother Nature's calendar may be a bit different from our's.It's gotten hot already, miserably hot, for a lot of folks, here and on south of us. Today, however, we are cooler with some rain showers off and on all day.
Our local weatherman is saying next week, and possibly into the month of July, is going to be very hot... close to those triple digits. I'm not ready for that. I know, I complained a lot during the hard winter season we had, and I'm not complaining now. The problem? If I'm cold, I can put on more clothes... if I'm hot, I can only take off just so much.
A bit of Throw-back Thursday on this Friday.
I wrote a few days ago about finding a long-lost friend from my childhood, Penny Jo. We grew up together then we both moved away from the old neighborhood and I lost contact with her.
To make a long story short, I found her and she's come to town for her grand-daughter's wedding this Saturday. We're getting together this evening and going out to eat. I'm looking forward to it. I've been trying to find some of the old photos I took but this is the only one I could find. Penny is on the left with my little sister Marilyn on the right. The year? 1962!! The car in the background was my mother's car. A 1952 Chevy! She loved that car, took very good car of it and taught me how to drive in it.
It's that time of year when the baby birds are leaving the nest. Often times we'll see young birds sitting in the grass alone, but you can be sure that mother, or father, is close by.Just now we saw 2 mourning doves out back sitting along the edge of the drive. At first we thought the little one was hurt. He's not moving very much, but he's now trying to spread his wings. He'll be off flying on his own shortly. (This is not my photo.)
Until later.........

Yeah, it's yowza hot down here. Yuck. I prefer cooler weather and am already ready for Fall. *smile* Hurray for air conditioning!
ReplyDeleteI know you'll have a good time with Penny Jo tonight. I wish I could find many of my old friends from the early '70s. I've found two, but the renewing of friendships didn't last. Didn't enjoy my High School reunion either. I guess one just can't capture the past.
Hope you have a fantastic evening and it cools off for ya! ~:)
I can't wait to hear about your dinner with your dear 'old' friend!! Grreat photo!
ReplyDeleteThe 'heat' is on for sure and summer is just starting. Whew.....have fun with your friend and we look forward to hearing all about it.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to hear how your catch-up time with your old friend went. I think that's so cool. My cousin recently had the exact same thing happen to her.
ReplyDelete