Sunday, September 21, 2014

Birthday Celebration

It's been a beautiful Sunday. However, the temperature at 9:00 this morning was the warmest and it's been falling ever since. We have a front coming through bringing us a very chilly wind.

Welcome to Ohio.






We had a very good time last evening. We were all celebrating #3 grandson's 18th birthday. Since he chose to sit down at the far end of the table, I was unable to get a good picture of him.

When his mother asked him where he wanted to go eat, he said "sushi". so the whole family (our daughters and grandchildren) went to Yamato's Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse.

We've eaten at several Chinese restaurants, but I'd never had Japanese food. I guess I was expecting a more spicy type of seasonings, so I ordered the steak and shrimp on the hibachi. It was delicious.

Of course, it came with fried rice, noodles and vegetables, plus soup and salad. I loved the house dressing on the salad. I could have pigged out on just that. All the kids ordered several types of sushi and appetizers which they passed around the table. I don't like sushi so I kept the plates going on by. I think I found a new favorite place to eat.


Our chef was a character. He had us all laughing. And he was always moving
around, showing off his talent with the cleavers.  When he found out it was Dylan's birthday, he kept turning around and talking to him about cars. Dylan had a good time.

After we all left, Bob and I came on home while the rest went on to our grand-daughter's house. They stayed until late playing "Battle of the Sexes".




I hope you've had a good weekend.

Until the next time.......... Don't forget to smile.

4 comments:

  1. Family birthdays are always fun. I dont care for sushi either, but do like Japanese and Chinese foods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, are they open for lunch? We can always change locations. So looking forward to next Monday! Glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Carol! I didn't realize how much I have missed? Where does the time go? I had to read back quite a ways to find where I left off in your blog. I'm going to need to do the same with all my friends here.

    I'm glad you found something on the menu, your meal sounds very good. I have to admit, I've never tried sushi...just the idea of raw fish turns my stomach.

    I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your family - I'll be watching for news of that great-grandchild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be tardy here. I've been sick with some kind of mild tummy "bug".

    Gosh, 18. That seems like eons ago for me (40 to be exact). Happy belated birthday to #3 grandson. Hope his day was a happy one. I love oriental food too. It's one of my fav's.

    Have a blessed day! ~:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....