Welcome to another edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge.
1. What's your favorite time of day? Why?
Evenings .... 7:00-10:00 pm. The housework is done for the day, we've eaten supper, the kitchen mess is all cleaned and put away. This is now my time to do whatever I want.... play games on the computer, watch some decent TV shows (if I can find any), work on some scrapbook pages, check in with my girls via text, etc.
2. Waffle iron, toaster, coffee maker, mixer, blender... which small appliance would you say most needs replacing in your house?
Coffee maker.... we've used a Bunn for years. When we lived in Middle Point (1974-1992), we had big problems with the hard water eating up our coffee makers. We were having to buy a new one every 3 months. Then we decided to try a Bunn. We used that one for several years. When it finally decided it was tired, we bought another Bunn. I love the convenience of it. But, sadly, this one is starting to leak, so we'll no doubt be shopping for a new one soon. Gotta have my coffee.
3. It's National Grouch Day (October 15)... what's something that makes you feel grouchy?
Oh, I can be a real grouch at times. It used to be a daily thing, almost, but now that I'm older and my life is less stressful, I very seldom feel that way. However..... there is still one thing that can make me grouchy and that is the hubby. I'm finally making progress with him picking up after himself and cleaning up his own messes, but he still can't see "dirt". Maybe he's able to see it, and he's just ignoring it, thinking it'll go away by itself. Grrrrrr I'm changing my name to "Itself".
4. Ever been to Canada? Is that a country you'd like to visit? According to Trip Advisor, the top ten best destinations in Canada are - Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal, Quebec City, Victoria, Calgary, Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls, Whistler, and Halifax. Which city would you most like to see?
I've never been to Canada but I would like to visit there. I'm not sure what city I'd pick tho'. We have friends who live in Brampton, Ontario and a niece that lives in Edmonton, Alberta. They love it up north, so if I was to go to Canada, I'm pretty sure I'd go to one of these towns first.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My cousin was released from the Columbus hospital Sunday and he's finally back home. I haven't seen him yet, but I've kept in contact with his wife the last 3 months to get updates on his condition . He's had a very long ordeal and we're thanking God for bringing John through it. I'm going to try to get out to see him today. His wife says he's feeling good and is anxious to having a bit of company.
I've seen many pictures of different places in Canada, and you would think it was the USA. No difference in appearance. Until I see pictures of the woods.... the big woods! Our friends in Brampton have a cabin in what they call the 'north country'. It's beautiful. Their rustic cabin, next to a blue lake, with all the trees around them. I can imagine the smell of the fresh air and the pine trees.... hear the water splashing on the rocks... that's the kind of place I'd love to visit.
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
Mom's fried potatoes and onions with wilted lettuce. It's still very much a favorite, but I don't eat it as much as I used to. The potatoes must be fried in bacon drippings to taste right. Not very healthy, but I do indulge once in awhile.
6. Do you cry easily?
5. What was your favorite food (or one of your favorites) when you were a child? Is that still a favorite?
Mom's fried potatoes and onions with wilted lettuce. It's still very much a favorite, but I don't eat it as much as I used to. The potatoes must be fried in bacon drippings to taste right. Not very healthy, but I do indulge once in awhile.
6. Do you cry easily?
No, not really. Occasionally a good movie or TV show will bring the tears.
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
7. Have you started your (gasp!) Christmas shopping? If so when, and how much? If not, when will you even begin thinking about it?
No, I haven't started and I'm not sure when (or if) I will be. Things are very tight this year so we may have to forego any gifts. I hate saying that, but it's reality. (thank you Mr. Obama)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
My cousin was released from the Columbus hospital Sunday and he's finally back home. I haven't seen him yet, but I've kept in contact with his wife the last 3 months to get updates on his condition . He's had a very long ordeal and we're thanking God for bringing John through it. I'm going to try to get out to see him today. His wife says he's feeling good and is anxious to having a bit of company.




Enjoyed your answers. =) Love your bit about grouchy too! I can identify with the messy husband bit. ;) They won't ever learn will they. Will say a prayer for your cousin.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Valerie
I'm happy to hear your cousin is out of the hospital. Your fried potatoes sound good. Anything in bacon grease is good : ) My mom used to keep a can of it under the cabinet. Times they do change!
ReplyDeleteThe cabin on the lake is my kind of place too! Christmas? goodness, it isnt even Halloween yet. The store always get a head start. Glad your cousin is some better, and you can visit today.
ReplyDeleteSo happy your cousin is home from the hospital!! I'll keep him on my prayer list, Carol, but know he was happy to see you and visit! This was yet another very fun Hodgepodge!! We used Bunn coffee makers for years and years, too, until we got the Keurig. I still have the Bunn for company. Love it too.
ReplyDelete