It's time to "turn" our attention to another week's edition of Hodgepodge, brought to you by our host, Joyce at From This Side of the Pond .
1. Elizabeth Lawrence is quoted as saying, 'Even if something is left undone, everyone must take time to sit still and watch the leaves turn." So have you done just that? And what did you leave undone in order to do so?
I guess you could say I've done that. In fact, I can say I've done that many times. My mind has a tendency to wander, and if I feel the need for my feet to follow, I love to go outside to sit on the back step to watch the clouds over-head, the squirrels playing, the birds begging for something to eat, and to watch the leaves turn. What do I usually leave undone? Housework, of course.
2. Since we're talking turning...what's one thing you feel you're doing 'every time you turn around'?
Wiping up something off the kitchen counter.
3. How hard is it for you to 'turn the other cheek?'
I've never been one to seek revenge. I will turn the other cheek. My Lord says that's what we should do.
4. When did you last turn a drawer, your car, a room, or your entire house upside down looking for something? Did you find it?
This past weekend.... since the weather has gotten chilly, I got out my small tea pot to make a cup of hot tea to warm up. I was surprised the top was not on it. I tore apart the kitchen drawers, trying to find it, but no such luck. Hubby even helped. I don't know what happened to it.
5. 'One good turn deserves another' ... were you most recently on the giving or receiving end of that sentiment?
I love to give to others and I don't do it to receive anything in return. That idiom is almost a thing of the past these days. Today it's "pay it forward". And I'm glad.
6. Red, yellow, and orange are the colors of fall. Also the colors of fruit. If you were permitted only one color of fruit in your diet, which would you choose? This question isn't as easy as it sounds, at least not for me.
RED...... I'll eat most anything that's red.
7. The Hunt for Red October, October Sky, Halloween ... which 'October' film is your favorite?
I haven't seen October Sky. I have seen all the Michael Myers' Halloween slashings and killings, but I can't say they're a favorite. Now "The Hunt for Red October" is a good movie that I could watch again. Anything with Sean Connery is my favorite.
I haven't seen October Sky. I have seen all the Michael Myers' Halloween slashings and killings, but I can't say they're a favorite. Now "The Hunt for Red October" is a good movie that I could watch again. Anything with Sean Connery is my favorite.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Re: question #7..... at what age should a grown woman stop melting or 'swooning' at the sight of a male celebrity? That man does something to me. hahahahaha
Re: question #7..... at what age should a grown woman stop melting or 'swooning' at the sight of a male celebrity? That man does something to me. hahahahaha



My mind wanders a lot these days and I love sitting outside, looking at everything that is changing. I am not a big fruit eater, but should be. Hey, I still swoon over that man and several others....we arent dead yet! lol
ReplyDeleteLOL to your #8. I think Sean is a heart-throb, too. He is SO gorgeous, and even more so now that he is older! Most of us answered "red" on #6. I forgot to include tomatoes, which are a fruit - not a vegetable. It was another fun Hodgepodge!!
ReplyDelete