Friday, October 10, 2014

I didn't know that...

You know, they say that it's good for senior citizens to continue to learn new things so it helps keep our brains healthy and able to grow new cells. It's suppose to ward off things like alzheimer's and lessen those "senior moments".

Well, lately I've been learning all sorts of new things. One was just seen on the Weather Channel, one of my favorite channels. It was a report concerning the earth, sun and moon all being in perfect alignment.  I thought, well that's cool. I heard about the blood moon and the lunar eclipse that was visible early yesterday morning, but it was another one of those very early scenes that I missed because I was getting my much needed beauty sleep.

However, as usual, this alignment has had a profound affect on earth which I didn't know. The affect is called a "King tide". In Miami, Florida, they showed the tide water, not splashing over the sea walls like I would have thought. No, it's coming up out of the ground and out of the storm sewers. Streets and sidewalks are flooded and the water is toxic. The city has spent billions of dollars on huge pumps that's moving the water back out to sea "where it belongs". Now, think about this for a minute. Say you have a bathtub overflowing. So you take a bucket and scoop up the water on the floor and pour it back into the tub. Now my brain is working. I can almost feel the cells growing.

In Babylon 4,000 years ago it was the accepted practice that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his new son-in-law with all the mead he could drink. Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

Did you know that each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history?
Spades - King David
Hearts - Charlemagne
Clubs - Alexander, the Great
Diamonds - Julius Caesar
I knew that at one time but I had forgotten. (I'm refreshing those sleepy cells)

I also learned this week that "they" say intelligent people have more zinc and copper in their hair. Having been a cosmetologist for years, specializing in chemical coloring, I found this bit of information very interesting and controversial. Red heads have the most amount of copper in their hair. Then brunettes come in next and blonde hair has the least amount of copper. That makes me think of all those blonde jokes. However, being a natural blonde myself, I'm offended by this. I'd like to find all those people we call "they".

You have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. I didnt know that about the kings or Kings Tide, and found it very interesting. Also about the copper in hair. I have always had dark hair, with a very small tint of red, so guess that is my copper. Have a nice Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting tidbits, Carol, and you helped my brain cells grow stronger today! As a blonde, myself, I agree with you as the jokes offend me too. I've seen some pretty dumb brunettes along the way. My shoulders are strong, though. You and I know how smart we really are!! :) Love your background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to this post, my brain cells are definitely increasing. Being a natural blonde, hope that's increasing the zinc. *lol* I find the blonde jokes amusing but I'm weird. Anyway, that is all interesting info! Didn't know about the card Kings. I also this evening learned what a Jump Frog is on the train tracks. We're all just a wealth of knowledge tonight. *grin*
    BTW, kinda sorta on the same track of thought, whenever I get my B-12 shot, my brain works better. Maybe it helps overpower the blonde. ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well..I am only 47, no senior citizen..but, I agree with keeping the mind sharp, perhaps that is why I am back in school. ANYWAYS...I had no idea about the hair. I am a natural brunette, and I do color my hair. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....