Saturday, November 22, 2014

Happy Saturday

I'm sure you've heard the expression "they have an old soul". I don't believe in reincarnation and this phrase is often used by those who do. So, why that came to mind when I first saw this latest picture from my grand-daughter, I have no idea.

Our precious little great-grandson has fascinated me from the first moment I saw him. He was 10 minutes old and his eyes were wide open, staring at everyone's faces. To me, I see something in his eyes that I have trouble describing. Wisdom? Intelligence. An old soul? (the eyes are the window to the soul) I think he's going to be a very special young man, not just because he's our's and Gr-grandma may be a little prejudice, but because of a feeling I get when I look into his eyes. If I did believe in reincarnation, I'd say we've met before.

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is almost here. I went to the store yesterday and got the items I need for my share of the dinner. We're all going to Daughter #1's again this year. She hosts Thanksgiving dinner and I do Christmas eve. It got to be too much for me to do both, since the days in-between seem to have been shortened. I feel like I had just gotten the dinner mess cleaned up when I had to start cooking again.

I found a new favorite TV show last evening. It's Master Chef Junior. Have you seen it? Bob and I like watching some of the many cooking shows and as I was watching this one I was amazed at those children, ages 8-12, and how they knew their way around the kitchen. One little guy used culinary terms like a professional. He said he'd been cooking since he was 2. :)

Until next time...........




2 comments:

  1. Carol, your new great grand does look more alert than he should at that age. I understand what you mean! Wow.

    We haven't seen Master Chef Junior, but it sounds good! I love it when little kids say they have been (cooking, singing, dancing....) all their life - and they are seven years old. I'll have to look for the show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something in your great grand sons eyes...I see what you mean. I think you're right, he looks wise...intuitive, almost like he could just start carrying on an adult conversation with you on the spot! It's going to be wonderful for you to watch him grow up.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....