1. When did someone last suggest you 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell someone (or want to tell someone) to 'chill out'? Or, when did you last tell yourself to 'chill out'?
I wanted so bad to tell my Hubby that the last time he got on the subject of our President with our son-in-law. Needless to say, Hubby is not a fan and has some strong feelings about it.
2. What most recently caused your heart to melt?
Last night my grand-daughter sent me a photo of my great-grandson the moment he first found his feet. I totally melted. He is such a doll baby.
3. "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered." G.K. Chesterton Your thoughts? When did you last experience either an adventure or an inconvenience? How did you see it at first, as an adventure or an inconvenience? Does it feel the same in hindsight?
I hardly have any adventures anymore. Unexpected things will happen, but they're usually an inconvenience to me. Then in hindsight, they're never as bad as I thought at the time.
4. A Wendy's Frosty, root beer in a frosty mug, or a frosted chocolate cupcake... of these three, which one is your favorite 'frosty' treat?
The frosted chocolate cupcake.... any day, any time. However, if it was the middle of summer, hot outside, I'd go for the Frosty.
5. Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why.
So far this year, being just 3 weeks so far, I'm thankful it's been a mellow, soft symphony. I hope the rest of the year goes as smoothly.
The frosted chocolate cupcake.... any day, any time. However, if it was the middle of summer, hot outside, I'd go for the Frosty.
5. Would you say your life so far this year has been more like a circus or a symphony? Explain why.
So far this year, being just 3 weeks so far, I'm thankful it's been a mellow, soft symphony. I hope the rest of the year goes as smoothly.
6. Since it's a 'snow day' here, what's your favorite song containing the word 'white'?
Having grown up in the 60's, the first song that came to my mind was "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues. I still love that song.
Having grown up in the 60's, the first song that came to my mind was "Nights in White Satin" by The Moody Blues. I still love that song.
7. If you had to leave the city you currently live in, what would you find the hardest to leave behind?
That's a hard one. I've lived in this little town my whole life and actually I can't think of anything in town, except the people, that I would miss if I had to leave. I went to school with so many of these people, worked with some of them, went to church with some, and I would definitely miss that. It's not necessarily the people, because I can go for weeks and not see someone I know. It's mainly that feeling of "being home".
That's a hard one. I've lived in this little town my whole life and actually I can't think of anything in town, except the people, that I would miss if I had to leave. I went to school with so many of these people, worked with some of them, went to church with some, and I would definitely miss that. It's not necessarily the people, because I can go for weeks and not see someone I know. It's mainly that feeling of "being home".
8. Insert your own random thought here.
In my last post I mentioned that I had dug my yarn and crochet hooks out of the closet and got back into doing something creative instead of always being on Facebook. In my inventory I found something I forgot I had.
They are called Tunisian crochet hooks or afghan hooks. They come in different sizes. Mine is 14" long. It's so different from what I'm used to doing, the last few days I've been trying to learn how to handle them and the different stitches. Not sure if I like it. It can be very difficult, but I'm having a good time learning something new.
Until next time............ be safe and well.
In my last post I mentioned that I had dug my yarn and crochet hooks out of the closet and got back into doing something creative instead of always being on Facebook. In my inventory I found something I forgot I had.
They are called Tunisian crochet hooks or afghan hooks. They come in different sizes. Mine is 14" long. It's so different from what I'm used to doing, the last few days I've been trying to learn how to handle them and the different stitches. Not sure if I like it. It can be very difficult, but I'm having a good time learning something new.
Until next time............ be safe and well.




I loved your post Carol.
ReplyDeleteAs a newcomer to the US, I'm afraid I don't know much about your politics... yet...but I'm afraid to say..my Hubby is not an Obama fan either
Your Great grandson is adorable.
Nights in White Satin is one of my favourites too
Ive seen afghan hooks before...but I have no clue how to use them. I would love to see what you make with them.
Have a great week
Phoebe x
Fun answers. And I totally get the politics thing :-))
ReplyDeleteHave a great week,
Carla
Good song! I like the Moody Blues : ) Babies finding their feet rate up there in the 'cutest things' category of life!
ReplyDeleteYour great-grandson is adorable!! Carol, I forgot all about the Moody Blues. Loved them back in the day!! Great song! I enjoyed your Hodgepodge!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThat was a good read, thanks. I really need to start doing those again...someday ! Enjoy your knitting.
ReplyDelete