Today is the last day of January already! It's hard to believe. I hope your fleeting month was a good one.
Again, the topic of conversation here is the approaching winter snow storm. The prediction for us is lots and lots of snow, possibly 12" or more. Today we have the calm before the storm, 36° and sunshine. It's suppose to start snowing around 6:00 and continue non-stop until Monday afternoon. Bob got out his list of guys with now plows to call to take care of getting us out of the driveway. He's definitely not able to do it himself. He's hurt his back again and not moving around very well.
Do you remember seeing these several years ago?
Back in 1970, these were advertised on TV and I ordered the complete set. Last night I found them in the bottom of a bag of yarn. They're called the K-Tell Knitter. Needless to say, they were hard to work with, for me anyways, and I never was able to make anything with them. Now, 45 years later, they are in demand again. The internet is full of requests, "where can I find one?" From what I've been reading, the company no longer exists, which is normal.
Our grandson Ian has made it to the bowling tournament which is tomorrow afternoon at our bowling alley. There's a lot of people coming from out of town. There's a good possibility they may have to postpone it. It depends on the storm.
Our great-grandson, Skye, continues to grow right before our eyes. He is such a joy, so precious. My heart melts just looking at him.
Until next time........... be safe and well.



Yep, expecting the storm here in western NY as well. I had to chuckle over your above graphic...as matter of fact, I do believe I mentioned something similar last night to someone...for the first time ever, after being out in it everyday--I am just ready for it to be over with. Blessings (ps glad your feeling better)
ReplyDeleteGood to hear you are able to talk again...I know your hubby is thrilled! lol Sounds like you are going to have a major snow storm. Hope you have groceries, water, etc. and can ride it out and stay warm. Awww, maybe they wont have to postpone the bowling tournament....
ReplyDeleteBoy, glad we don't experience snow now. We can still ride most days in SE Georgia. I hope the larder is full so it'll be easier to stay home. Y'all stay safe and sound. ~:)
ReplyDeleteSo happy you are back 100%!! That is great news, Carol! I hate hearing that you are going to be snowed in. Hope the power stays on and you and Bob will be comfortable until they can plow you out! Be safe!!
ReplyDeleteAgain, I've been absent from bloggerland and decided I needed to come check in with my friends. So glad you're feeling better! I do hope the snow doesn't get too bad. I do remember those commercials - are you going to try yours out again or try to sell them?
ReplyDelete