This year's flu has been horrible. They've found out the vaccine everyone has gotten will not protect you from this strain that is killing people. And now it's touched home. We've never had a fatality in our county due to the flu, until this year.
I've been absent from blogland lately but busy with all sorts of little things. Life goes on. I tore into my closet the other day, I was bored, and dug out all my yarn, knitting needles and crochet hooks. It's been so long since I've done anything, I had to take a couple days to refresh my memory. But I managed to make a little hat for my great-grandson. Of course, I had to tear it out a couple times to correct mistakes I'd made, but it finally came out to my satisfaction. Now I'm looking for something else to make. Don't know what I'm going to try next. A friend of mine in Florida is always in need of little hats for 3 and 4 yr. olds for her daughter's preschool for underprivileged children. I may make a few and send to her.
Our weather has been fairly mild lately, in the high 20's to mid 30's. That's not bad. I can tolerate that. However, they are now predicting a winter storm for us starting early tomorrow morning, with a possibility of 1-3 inches of snow. They're saying the worst of this storm is going north.
That's all I have for today. Until next time...........


I've been missing you, Carol! Nice to catch up today. So sorry that your friend from church lost his battle with the flu! What a shame! I'll keep his family in my prayers. Your "mild" temperatures sound COLD to me!! LOL Hello to Bob! Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your friend but we know he is with his Lord now and without pain. With bad weather, about all we can do is read, sew, clean or nap! Good to see you again.
ReplyDeleteSo sad to hear about the loss of your friend. It always hurts so bad to say goodbye to the ones we care about so dearly. At least it is a temporary goodbye. I pray that all will heal soon by feeling the comfort of the Lord Jesus Christ.
ReplyDeleteI've been hankerin' to sew or knit or cross-stitch again too. Haven't done any of those things in a coon's age. Most of my supplies where sold ages ago when I thought I would never be whole again. I do have napkins I need to finish and one other project. I'm wishing for sunny skies, drier ground and warmer weather myself. What a long winter it's been.
Be well and stay safe. ~:)
I just read your previous post, I'm sorry about your friend and sorry that I missed out on praying for him. I will pray for his family. I've been absent from here lately too...so busy. I'll have a post ready soon.
ReplyDelete