Today, weather-wise, we've had one big gloomy day. It's drizzled rain and now fog has developed. Visibility is down to less than 1/10 of a mile, according to our weatherman. Our temperature, though, has been better the past few days. It's been in the upper 40's to low 50's. Much, much better than it was.
Yesterday, our daughter called to ask if we could pick up the boys after school. When I said yes, she gave me some background information and some instructions concerning our 2 youngest grandsons. When we got them home, they were to do their homework, they could have a 'healthy' snack, then they had to go upstairs and clean their room and "give them a couple garbage bags to take with them. No TV or video games until the room is clean." And "don't you go up and help them, Mom"!
I washed her dirty dishes while the boys ate their snack and did their homework at the table. Then they ran upstairs. Jr came down a few minutes later, but Bryan was still up there and very quiet. I waited, then couldn't stand it anymore. I went up to see how he was doing. Oh, my! Their room was a disaster. I couldn't resist. Then we heard Teresa come in the back door and I told Bryan "we aren't done and we're gonna be in trouble".
We carried the trash bags down stairs and Teresa just glared at us. "Mother! I told you not to help them!" I started laughing, but little Bryan's eyes were as big as saucers. His mom was scolding her mom! Priceless.
I've been keeping myself busy lately with crocheting. After 20+ years, I picked up a crochet hook and it gave me the urge to do it again. I'm thankful it's like riding a bike... it all came back to me. So far I've made 4 pairs of boot cuffs for my sister's grand-daughters.
And a headband for my niece.
I've made several kitchen towels for my sister after she gave me a big bag full of yarns and stuff.
Currently I'm working on something, I'm not sure what yet. I pulled out all the yarn and left-overs from other projects. When I saw the 2 shades of grey and the scarlet, I just had to start 'hooking it'. Anyone from Ohio would like those colors, right? I know I don't have enough to do an afghan, or even a small blanket, so it may end up being a narrow wrap/shawl. I'm just working until the yarn runs out.
Our great-grandson is doing very well. He's growing so fast, but still fits in his bassinet in the living room. Hollie, our grand-daughter, told us yesterday she checked her baby development chart and he is doing things a 7 month old should be learning to do. He's only 4 months old. She is feeling so proud.
That's all I can think of to chat about, but I'm glad you stopped by.
Until next time..........






You are so smart to be able to knit/crochet. I wish I could, but I dont seem to have the patience. Loved all your pictures. I have been reading blogs even though I havent left comments. Happy Hump Day!
ReplyDeleteWhat Buckeye wouldn't like something scarlet & gray? I used to crochet, but here in FL it is just too hot to have yarn laying all over my lap. At least, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! LOL My mother-in-law used to make those kitchen towels that button over a cupboard handle. I still have a bunch of them. They make nice gifts! It's good to get your news, Carol!! Your great-grand is so cute...love the shirt "This Side Up". Hello to your sweetie!
ReplyDeleteYou have an adorable family. They're all so precious. You've made some beautiful things. I'm jealous. *giggle* I wish I could still remember how to crochet. Never could knit worth a flip but that's my own fault for not practicing.
ReplyDeleteHope your weather is warm and lovely. We've already started our gardens here!
Luv ~:)
I love your story about helping your grandson clean the room and getting caught LOL! I saw the whole thing in my minds eye! Good to see you posting! I hope to get one composed sometime today.
ReplyDelete