Wednesday, March 11, 2015

A Springy Hodgepodge

Here are the questions to this week's Wednesday Hodgepodge. 


1. What's the first image that comes to mind when you hear the word 'spring'? Which phrase best describes the season of spring where you live right now (today)-sprung! almost there, or still waiting?

Flowers... tulips and daffodils. Here, we are still waiting, but the snow is beginning to melt and the temperature isn't quite so cold. I know spring is coming, but the winter seems to drag on too long.


2. Bed, couch, stapler, garage door, computer mouse, recliner, flashlight, door knob... which household item containing springs most needs replacing in your home? Speaking of springs...did you ever own a Slinky?


Our couch is nearing it's life's end. I hate the thought of having to go shopping for a new one. Not! I'd love to have a new one. Yes, I had a slinky growing up and loved playing with that crazy thing on the stairs.

3. March is Women's History Month. Share a favorite quote by a woman.

"People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will never forget how you made them feel." -- Maya Angelou

4. What's a question that looms large in your mind right now?

How is hubby and I going to survive on just our Social Security?

5. Are you a sugar freak? By that I mean how much do you love sugar? With all the bad press sugar gets these days, have you made any efforts to reduce the amount of sugar you consume?

I am a sugar freak. I've been trying to cut back on the sweets, but my will-power can fail when it comes to donuts and cookies. I'm so weak.

6. Would you rather have less work to do or more work you enjoy doing?

More work I enjoy doing... I lost a job that I loved (it's a long story and no one's fault) but I'd love to have that opportunity of doing that work again.

7. Ever been to Texas? Of the top ten Texas tourist attractions which would you most like to see-The Alamo, The San Antonio River Walk, The State Capital, Dallas World Aquarium, Padre Island National Seashore, Houston Space Center, Schlitterbahn Waterpark in New Braunfels, Six Flags Fiesta Texas,  Moody Gardens, or Galveston Island?

Yes, I've been to Texas and love it. My trips have mainly been to see family, but I have been to Padre Island and Galveston Island. On one of my future trips, if there is another one, would be to see the San Antonio River Walk.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

Our grand-daughter, our ONLY grand-daughter, is getting married in 4 weeks. It's hard to believe. It seems like just yesterday I cradled her in my arms and rocked her to sleep. Where has the last 22 yrs. gone? 

2 comments:

  1. A wedding!! I look forward to photos and stories, Carol. It was another great Hodgepodge! I love the quote you chose by Ms. Angelou. Hope the snow continues to melt and your spring is just around the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the time.....it is flying away entirely too fast. You would enjoy the Riverwalk...we sure did. We survive on SS, so I understand your concern. Not easy by any means.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....