Hubby and I had to down-size on some bills and our internet connection was the first one, since it's a luxury. Therefore, I'm not on the internet much anymore. I read my emails each morning and check in on FB a couple times during the day, to see what everyone is doing, mainly family, but that's about it.
I've been spending my time crocheting. And since I love doing it, I'm not missing the computer very much at all.
My current project is this:
I started this April 22 with a few squares, not knowing what I was going to make. Now it's almost big enough for our twin size bed, so I guess that's was it's going to be. It's gotten big enough, and the weather warm enough, that I have it on a card table, and not my lap.
My childhood friend that lives in Florida also crochets and she sent me a box of yarn she didn't want anymore. This is what arrived the other day ..........
What a blessing!
I had a very nice Mother's day. My girls never forget me, and I feel very blessed. Daughter #2 gave me this box of chocolate covered strawberries. They are so good and she knows how much I love them. For those of you who see me on Facebook, you probably saw this. Then daughters #1 and #3 cooked dinner for us.
My youngest daughter, Teresa, also gave me a massage before dinner. I've had some awful back pain lately and now she thinks I have a rib out of place. I guess I'll have to call the chiropractor.
Our newest little member to the family is growing like a weed. Our great-grandson is just starting to scoot around on his belly. He hasn't managed to get the knees to work yet, but it won't be long. He's such a joy to have around, always smiling.
I guess that's about all I have to report. I hope you are all well and happy.
Until next time, remember this .........





Love the bedspread. You're so creative. And so happy to hear you're OK. Many times I've threatened to cancel our internet, satellite TV, etc. but guess I'm too hooked. Well, it was nice to hear from you and know you're still healthy. Have a blessed day (or life, if you'll be incommunicado permanently). ~:)
ReplyDeleteI totally understand having to cut back on things. We have done the same here. It is hard when you are retired and on a fixed income for sure. Glad you are doing ok, and love the bedspread or blanket...you are so talented. Keep us posted on you and yours, when you can.
ReplyDeleteWell I certainly understand the cutting back on expenses. I do hope we can continue to stay in touch though. I love reading what is going on with you and your family. Your crochet blanket is beautiful! I can't imagine ever doing anything like that. Did I tell you my mother was an avid crocheter? Her favorite thing was making doilies, but before I came along, she did larger projects. I can't remember if my cousin said she made a bedspread or tablecloth and gave it away. Now we're both wishing we had it. How nice of your friend to send you that yarn! I know you'll make good use of it. I sometimes wish I had learned to crochet.
ReplyDeleteYour great-grandson is adorable - I know how much joy he must bring to you.
Please stay in touch either here or email. I don't want to lose track of YOU!!
Hi Carol!! You are missed here, but I do see you on FB every day so I wasn't worried. We are just able to share more news here than on FB. Love the photos and your afghan is gorgeous! It will look great on your twin bed, and will probably brighten the room with all those colors! I'm WAY behind on blogs so am trying to catch up!
ReplyDelete