I've been debating
for several days on whether to write this blog or stay quiet. We've had so many
things going on here, hubby and I, that most of you don't know but are
wondering about.
I've just recently
been able to get back on the computer. I developed a condition that was
destroying my eyesight. However, having problems with the migraine, my doctor
and I "assumed" the eye condition was the aura from the migraine. So,
she raised the dosage on my meds, I even got a shot in the ER, but nothing was
helping. In the meantime, I was carrying around a magnifying glass so I could
see the dials on the washing machine, on the microwave, etc. It was pathetic when I tried using the
magnifying glass on the computer screen. Bob had to take over the cooking after
I came close to starting a fire in a fry pan. That's when the doctor suggested
I see my eye doctor.
The eye doctor
diagnosed my problem and sent me to an eye surgeon, where I started getting
treatments. I have blood seepage in the tiny blood vessels in the eye and he
gives me an injection, directly into the eye ball, once a month to stop it. I
saw results after that first one. I've had 2 treatments so far, with my 3rd one
tomorrow (Monday). The injection isn't
as bad as it sounds. It's a small needle. Hahaha
During this whole
time I was not able to drive. I didn't trust myself behind the wheel. However,
last week I was able to, because Bob needed me. He hadn't been feeling well for
weeks. He was put on several meds after
his stent was inserted and he's one of those people that actually read about
the drugs and especially the side affects. They all say "dizziness, short
of breath", etc . Oh, he talked to his cardiologist and was taken off one
of the blood thinners. But Bob kept getting weaker.
Then on Wed. the
7th, he was so weak, out of breath, gray face and blue lips. I took him to the ER. They drew blood and
admitted him right away. He had internal bleeding, but didn't know where. A
surgeon was called in to do a scope down the throat for pictures. When he showed me the pictures, my heart
stopped. He has an ulcerated mass in the esophagus just above the opening to
his stomach. They think that was doing a slow drain of blood for months. Three of the many doctors he saw that week
agreed…. It was the result of the drug bralinta he was on. They started giving him blood. His hemoglobin
was down to only 5 (normal is 10 - 15). Long story short, he was given 6 units
of blood over a 4 day stay that brought it up over 10 so he could be released.
He had biopsies done
that came back negative for any cancer in the ulcer, but now he sees a
hematologist about the condition of his blood. He's going to need iron
infusions, plus B12. But the next step is a bone marrow biopsy which he gets
this coming Friday the 23rd. He's feeling much better, he says better than he
has in months, but he's not out of the woods yet, so I'm asking for prayer
again. I almost lost him so we know God has been here.
We had to run out to
CVS this afternoon to get a script and I talked Bob into getting a flu shot
this year since his immune system is weak right now. Surprisingly he agreed.
Now my arm is a bit sore. We learned from one of his nurses the other day that
CVS has the stronger dosage of the vaccine than the doctor's offices. I thought
they all, everyone that gives the shots each year, had the same vaccine. I was wrong. Hmmmm….
I hope you are well.
Thank you for reading this.
Poor Bob! And how you must have been terrified when they pronounced the diagnosis! I just approached the throne of Grace for y'all and prayed. God answers prayer according to His will. May it please Him to heal and supply according to your needs.
ReplyDeleteIt's nice to hear from you again. I wish you could post more often as I do miss hearing about your lives, thoughts, and activities. I seem to be winding down a bit myself. I guess after almost 10 years it gets trying to post so often.
Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always lovely to hear from you. Hope the next post brings good news from your corner.
Again, PRAYERS for you all. Stay well my friends. ~:)
PS: Sorry, meant to mention, I feel sad that you're having such terrible eye problems. I prayed that is now healed and behind you for good. Our eye sight is such a precious thing. God bless. ~:)
ReplyDeleteOh Carol!! I'm so sorry to hear all that you have been through! Had I known, you both would have had my prayers too! You are on my list now, by golly! Great news that the ulcer is not cancer, praise God! So glad you are both getting proper treatment for your problems and are on the mend!! I've missed seeing you here! Hugs.
ReplyDelete