Monday, March 14, 2016

Catch-up on the news?

Hello everyone. Long time no see, huh? Our life here has not been good and this is the blog post I've been debating whether to write or not. This is going to be hard to write, but I'll try to find the right words.

If you remember any of my last post, back in Oct., you know about my eye problems and Bob's health scare. Well, nothing has gotten any better. Oh, my eye doctor says he expects my vision to keep getting better, but I'm still getting those awful injections. And since I had to renew my driver's license on my birthday last Dec., the DMV said I could drive but only during the day. But I'm doing ok.

Bob, on the other hand, is not. His ulcerated esophagus healed to a certain extent. The bleeding stopped, but his doctors weren't satisfied with the way it looked. He had 2 more EGD's and biopsies ("Upper endoscopy, also known as EGD, is a procedure in which a thin scope with a light and camera at its tip is used to look inside the upper digestive tract -- the esophagus, stomach, and first part of the small intestine, called the duodenum.") -- from webmd.com

The news was not good. He has some cancer cells in the lining of his esophagus. We are waiting to hear from the hospital/doctor on when he can have his operation. They will be removing his whole esophagus. As of right now, the cells are contained and have not spread. They all have told us that this surgery will remove all of it and he won't need any chemo or radiation. Thank God for that. Of course this waiting game has been horrible for both of us and our kids. Bob will be going to Cleveland Clinic, 3 hrs away. All of his doctors (3) have suggested the same location for having this done by a surgeon that has lots of experience.

So we would greatly desire your prayers. Thank you. May God bless you.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about Bob's, and your, medical problems. Y'all definitely have our prayers. But I am pleased to hear from you. Please keep us all posted when convenient. Hope y'all are having nice weather. It's warm as can be in SE Georgia already. Our garden is in and the flowers planted. Now all we need is some of Louisiana's rain. Wish they'd share (I'm sure they would if they could). Y'all stay safe and remember to keep looking UP!
    Luv In Christ ~:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol, I've been missing you here and now understand completely. I'm so sad and sorry to hear this news. I will tell you that my friend, Karen, is recovering quite well from esophageal cancer. There is hope and please let Bob know that you will both be in my daily prayers for strength and healing. Keep the faith and know you have so many people who care praying and sending good energy your way. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear Carol, I miss you so very much! I'm so sorry things have been so worrisome, frustrating and exhausting for you of late. I was surprised to see an entry from you, I too have been MIA for some time and had hopes of changing that tonight, but it's getting so late I don't know if I'll get to it until tomorrow. I'm so glad you stopped in and gave an update. I have been praying for Bob and will continue to do so and for you, dear friend. I'll let ya know via gmail when I get my blog updated so if you have time you can catch up with me as well. Like I said, prayers will continue, let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted you to know, I thought about you today. I pray you and family are all doing well. Miss your posts and comments.
    NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....