Friday, October 26, 2012

Sunsets and Rainbows

For some reason, I had a marvelous experience this evening. I was home alone when I saw everything outside my window turn red. I looked out at the sky and it was beautiful. I grabbed my coat and camera and ran outside on the patio. This is what I saw to the west....


 It was breathe-taking. And raining! But then I turned around to go back inside, this is what I saw to the east...


What a surprise! I was getting wet but I didn't care. It was a full rainbow. I hardly ever see a full one, but if the houses and trees hadn't been in the way, I'm sure I would have seen the pot of gold. Afterall, the sun was reflecting it to the west. :)

My camera never seems to get the colors. I've tried to capture rainbows before but I always seem to lose the beauty in them.  One thing I didn't lose.... my spirit loving the colors of this evening.

4 comments:

  1. So pretty from east to west. I love to take pictures too and will run at the drop of a hat to take a certain picture. It does make our spirit soar when we see things like this. Thanks for sharing and having a good Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special treat God sent to you! How exciting! I'm glad you were able to capture it...so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, Carol!! That is beyond beautiful. What a blessing! So glad you caught it with your camera and shared it with us. Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Carol, how wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....