Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Election Day....



  My post is going to have Wed.'s date, but it's only 3 minutes past midnight. And I've been watching the election results. It's not looking good. 

We voted this afternoon and I was amazed at the voter turn-out. In our town of 20,000 people, we've never had to stand in line to get our ballots. Today was awesome. The large building was packed with people. We had to wait to get into a booth. There was a constant flow of cars coming and going. I've never seen anything like it before. Our county is mostly Republican, so I hope those are the ones I saw today.

I  got a double treat today. After casting our vote, we went out to eat. It's always been a tradition for us on any election day, but I didn't think we were going to today since we ate out the other day. But he said yes.

I've taken on my hubby's habit of channel surfing. There's nothing good on TV right now. Every other channel has election coverage. All their early predictions is driving me crazy. But it's like a bad accident… you don't want to look but you can't help it. Right now, in my state of Ohio which is a big swing state, they're still saying "its too close to call". Oh, Lord, help us.

I know it's still early for the official results, but everyone is saying Obama won. If that's true, and we find that Ohio went Dem. again, like what happened in 2008, my hubby says we're moving. TX and my brother……… here we come!

I think I could cry, but I'll wait till morning. They might have the official results then.

Good night…. God, I know you have this in your hands…. help us.

3 comments:

  1. God is still on the throne and in control, much more than President Obama. I cling to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so disappointed that the issues of gay marriage and birth control were more important than the fact that we are trillions in debt to China, have not had a federal budget for three years, and that Obama and his wife are treating the presidency like they are the king and queen with unlimited funds. I am so fearful for our country, and am so very sorry for what our grandchildren will be strapped with. BUT - I did all I could do. It is what it is. Keep praying and have faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, that's just what my husband and I were saying at breakfast this morning. We have done our part and will continue to pray for this country, but God is on the throne as Linda said and He is in control, we just have to trust Him.

      Delete

Leave comment here....