Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Birthday Baby


Thirty-eight years ago today I remember exactly what I was doing and where I was. I was in the Maternity Ward of our local hospital. She weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. and her name is Teresa. She's one of my pride and joys.

Today was a good day. Nothing exciting but still good. The sun was shining and the temperature was around 43°. I took care of a few things around the house, then Bob and I went to WalMart to get some things. We picked up a few items for our Thanksgiving dinner next week. The rest I'll get later so I know they're fresh.

We saw my sister at the store and talked to her for a few minutes. She'd just gotten off work and she looked so tired. I worry about her. Her job is taking so much out of her. I don't know how much longer she's going to be able to keep this up. The job is taking it's toll on her physically.

After Bob and I checked out with our groceries, we brought them home, put things away then we went out for supper. We have a nice family restaurant up on Main St. that we like to go to. They have the best fried chicken, a salad/soup and hot bar. And home-made pies. It was dark when we left there, so we came into the house, turned on the TV and here we sit.

Today I am thankful for my little house. We lived in the country for several years, a half-hour drive just to buy a gallon of milk, and now that we live in town, I love being close to all our shopping. Our little house might not be very pretty, but inside it's warm and comfortable. Where anyone is welcome. Our children and grandchildren love to come here for get-togethers, where we always have a good time. And usually lots of food to go with it. In the summer we have backyard cookouts and in the cold weather, we play games on the kitchen table where we always get to laughing. My little 3-bedroom bungalow on a tree-lined street in a small town is where I live and that is a blessing I'm so thankful for.

Take care.
God bless.



3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day for you - 38 years ago, and today! Happy birthday to your daughter! Wishing you a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter....I know it is a special day for you with memories flooding. We reared our children on a 30 acre farm, out of town, so I know how you appreciate being closer to stores, etc. We too, moved back after my in laws passed away...we moved into their house and sold our farm. Size of a home doesnt matter, it is the love inside, and you have just that! Hope you have a nice Friday and weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your daughter.

    I fully understand your gratitude post today. Having a warm, comfortable home is truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....