Saturday, November 17, 2012

Party Day

We all had a very busy day today, but a good one. Our youngest grandson turned 6 today and our daughter had a big party for him. We had a beautiful day for it. All those little boys, with all that energy, could play out in the backyard.

Bryan invited some of his friends from school but it was mostly family. The party had a football theme and his "other" grandma found this big football pinata.


 The kids were using a baseball bat, trying to break it. Finally my 10 yr. old grandson Ian, on the right in yellow, took his turn. He plays baseball and has quite a strong swing. When he hit the pinata all the candy inside came flying at me. I was surprised, but the next several minutes I helped the kids by getting the candy that flew behind me into the bushes. My daughter, Bryan's mother, is on the far right in the Ohio State shirt.

Then everyone had cake and ice cream. This Grandma supplied the cake this time... half white, half chocolate. I was very pleased with the lady I got it from. She did a great job on it and it tasted good, not that sickening sweet like so many others. Of course Bryan couldn't wait to get the football off the cake. He turned it upside down and used it as as potato chip bowl. He's quite a little guy.


Then it came time to open his gifts. He got a few toys, but mainly clothes for school. He's growing out of everything he has. I never did figure out the helmet turned backwards on his head.  LOL

After the party started breaking up, and his friends went home, it was supper time. So they ordered several large pizzas. I ate 2 very small pieces and it didn't agree with me. So I'm going to go to bed here in a few minutes.

Wishing everyone a good Sunday. God bless. ♥ 

2 comments:

  1. Parties with the young ones is a lot of fun for sure. Looks like he had his share. Hope your stomach settled and you will have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, it looks like the party was great fun! The cake is great! The youngsters can wear us out after a few hours, that's for sure! Sorry the pizza upset your system. Hope you feel better today!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....