My Sunday was a good day. Weather-wise it was beautiful. It got up to 70°, lots of sunshine, but the wind wanted to blow my hair off my head. Traveling the 10 miles to the baby shower in my van was a struggle to keep it on the road.
The baby shower for my great-niece went well. They held it in the community building because Ashley's mother sent out 80 invitations! Of course not everyone showed up, but she did receive some very nice gifts and everyone had a good time.
Looking out my window..... it's SNOWING! Well, this is November. When I went out to get the paper this morning, it felt so cold. After yesterday's warm sunshine, today's temperature is going into a downward fall into the 20's. No wonder my joints here.
This coming Thursday is our baby girl's birthday. Teresa will be 38! I feel so old. Then Saturday is her baby's birthday. Bryan's our youngest grandchild and he'll be 6! The years are just flying by too fast.
That explosion in Indianapolis yesterday has several people scratching their heads. It was horrible. The devastation is unbelievable. 80 homes destroyed! As of right now, I don't think they yet know what caused it. There's been stories of a plane crashing into the houses. Or a meth lab. Or a gas leak. But according to the latest reports, all of those scenarios have been ruled out.
I got a message from my baby brother in TX. He and his wife coming up next week and will be here over Thanksgiving. This was a surprise. It will be good to see them. His son and his 2 kids may be coming with them. We haven't seen his son in years.
Why do some motels put a chocolate on your pillow? I ate a chocolate last night, then tossed and turned all night. I couldn't sleep. I should know better because that happens every time. Chocolate gives me energy.
Today my thoughts turn to my brother. He's 6 years younger than me and when we were growing up, he was a real pain. He loved to pick on me, but he and my sister were just 18 months apart, and they fought all the time. Even physical fights. I hated it but couldn't stop them. Now we're adults and he has become my close friend. He's a good man with a kind heart. He's dropped everything to go to someone's aid. He loves his family deeply and cried on my shoulder when his wife had cancer and he was so afraid of losing her, the love of his life. Today, I'm thankful for having my brother in my life.
I hope you're having a good Monday.
God bless.


How wonderful that your brother and his family are coming for the holiday and a nice visit! My younger brother, by 3 years, died of cancer. He was only 48 and left a wife and two children behind. So sad, and I miss him. Enjoy your brother!!! I'll look forward to seeing some photos (please!). We have hot temps, back into the 80s this week. So much for keeping the AC off for awhile. I can't even imagine snow anymore, since we have been in Florida for almost 24 years. Glad the shower went so well!! Stay warm!!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful that your brother will be there for Thanksgiving. There just is nothing as special as family...snow??? wow, things do change quickly. We had a fairly warm week, rained all day and the wind blew and now it is gone and the temps are falling....brrrrr Have a nice evening.
ReplyDelete