Saturday, November 10, 2012

Springlike Saturday

Our weather was beautiful today. It was 71° and warm sunshine. Bob took care of some chores outside that he hadn't gotten to plus he mowed the grass one more time before the snow falls. We both enjoyed the weather.

I had to run an errand while he was mowing, then got home just in time to help him adjust the cables on one of our garage doors. When our work was done, Pizza Hut delivered our supper. It's been a long time since we've had a pizza, it tasted SO good.

I picked up a couple more little items to put in the gift bag for Ashley's baby shower tomorrow. I love to give gifts, but I'm always a "practical" giver... giving those items that I'm sure they can use.

I love Christmas movies. And I like to watch the Lifetime Channel. Now they're doing their 'countdown to Christmas'. I get to watch 2 or 3 movies every night until Christmas. It may just put me in the mood. :) I have to get through Thanksgiving first. I'll have all our girl's families here for dinner. There's 15 of us.

I just got a text message from our youngest daughter. Her 8 yr. old son loves army films and tonight he was asking her about our family, if anyone fought in the war of 1812. I've been doing our genealogy for years so she told me that he has lots of questions for me. She said for me to get prepared. He can't wait to come over. I'm looking forward to it too. It doesn't matter how many kids you have in a family, there's always those that don't show any interest in family history. So when one grandchild wants to know, it does my heart good. I hope I have someone to pass all this information down to.


What I'm thankful for..... my husband. We've been married 46 years. He graduated from high school in 1964. We had already been dating a year by then. I then graduated June 1965 and we got married the following Feb. He's been my best friend, my lover, my provider, my helper, my support and the father of my 3 beautiful daughters. He's worked hard to provide for his family, hardly missing a day, even when he was sick. I would love to go back and do it all over again.

I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.
God bless.


2 comments:

  1. One of our daughters is interested in our family history too, and anything we get or find, we share with her. Hope you have a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so fortunate to have a grandchild interested in the family history. I am "into" genealogy, but none of the nieces or nephews are interested. Hopefully I'll live to see a grandniece or nephew who will be interested. I'm starting to work on Joe's family, but neither of the boys seem too interested. Maybe someday. We had pizza last night, too, but we have it once every week or two. Always good!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....