Saturday, November 24, 2012

One holiday down

One holiday down and now on to the next. We had a very nice Thanksgiving Day with all the family. Everyone was here... our daughter Lisa with her husband and 2 sons, daughter Lori with her husband and 2 kids (one daughter and one son), daughter Teresa with her husband and 3 sons. Then we had our son-in-law's older boy with his wife and baby. And as a special treat we had my brother from Texas with his 2 grandchildren. Then Bob and I made 21. With a little help from my girls, I managed the complete spread of lots of delicious food. By 9:00 pm I realized that my nerves were still fairly calm and my sanity was still in tacked.

The other day I mentioned on here that I was making my mother's bread pudding and I had a dear friend request the recipe. I typed it out and put it on my "Recipe" page if you'd care to take a look. The only request I have is if you make it, I'd like to hear from you.

I was making the bread pudding as a surprise for my brother. He hasn't had any for years. He was surprised and very pleased. He took a few pieces to go.

I didn't manage to get any pictures of our bunch because I was too busy. After about 4 hours +/- on my feet, my girls finally ordered me to sit down. Then they did up the dishes. I didn't argue.

Some people have been sharing about their favorite holiday movies they're watching this long weekend, so here's mine:
Jimmy Stewart and Donna Reed. I love this film. I always watch it this time of year. Sometimes I don't need my DVD because if I'm observant I can catch one of the cable channels showing it. This movie was released the same year I was born... 1946. Wow it is an oldie!

Our weather on Thanksgiving Day was very nice. It got up around 60° with sunshine. The little boys were able to out and play in the backyard to run off some of their over abundance of energy. But then yesterday and today it's turned cold, approximately 30-34 degrees with that ugly gray cloud cover where we've had to turn on the lights to read. We've even seen some snow flakes falling. Nothing sticking around though. I do think that winter is settling in and the heavy coats are out.

Wishing you a great weekend.
Take care. God bless.






3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had your entire family and I know you had a wonderful time, and the food was equally wonderful. Thank you for sharing the bread pudding recipe and I promise when I make it, I will let you know. That is very special to you and you are kind to share it. Snow....send some, if just flurries my way...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol! Thanks so much for posting the recipe! I will go check it out next, and will definitely let you know when I make it!

    I love "It's a Wonderful Life" too. It is certainly at the top of our list of holiday movies! It is the one that should/could turn any Scrooge into a teddy bear! Speaking of Scrooge - that is Joe's favorite holiday story, and we have five versions of it in our DVD library.

    Enjoy your Sunday! Stay warm up there! (Happy that OSU beat Michigan today! Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a good day. I will take a look at your bread pudding recipe, my husband loves bread pudding and I have never made it.

    ReplyDelete

Leave comment here....