Twas the night before Thanksgiving and all through the house.... is the wonderful fragrance of baking. I have my pumpkin pie ready and I just took my bread pudding out of the oven. This has been a family tradition for many many years. It's my mother's recipe and the holidays was the only time she baked it. After she passed away it fell to my responsibility. I hadn't planned on making it Thanksgiving. I usually do it for Christmas Eve dinner. But with my brother here from TX, I know he'll love having some. It's probably been years since he's had any.
We're doing a pot luck tomorrow. My daughters are all bringing side dishes, salads and desserts. I'm trying to make this as easy on myself as I can.
Friday isn't going to be such a good day. I just heard this morning that my boss' mother died. He didn't tell me. I had to read it in the paper, but that's just like him -- his way of coping. He very seldom talks about his personal life. Some men are like that. I've known his mother for years. She was a super sweet lady.
Our weather tomorrow is suppose to be really nice.... in the 60's and lots of sunshine. I'm hoping. Our boys can play outside. We're expecting 21 people so getting some of those energetic little boys outside to run off their dinner will be nice. :)
I hope you have a good Thanksgiving Day.
God bless.
-- Carol
TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE THANKSGIVING...
Twas the night before Thanksgiving and in my sleep.
Strange dreams in my mind, began to creep
Thanksgiving leftovers beckoned --- The dark meat and white,
But I fought the temptation with all of my might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation......
The thought of a snack became infatuation.....
So to the kitchen I did race, Flung open the door,
And gazed at the fridge full of goodies galore
I gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
I felt myself swelling so plump and so round,
Till all of a sudden, I rose off the ground!
I crashed through the ceiling. Floating into the sky....
With a mouth full of pudding and a handful of pie,
But I managed to yell as I soared past the trees.
HAPPY EATING TO ALL!
PASS THE CRANBERRIES PLEASE!

My children are doing all the cooking this year, except the ham. Jim will bake the ham, I will set the table, and around 1 today, we will "gobble, gobble". Bread pudding is probably one of my all time favorite desserts, and I know your family will enjoy yours today. Enjoy each and every one there!
ReplyDeleteHappy Thanksgiving, Carol, to you and yours! Sounds like you will have a wonderful day of good food and loving family! I love warm bread pudding, but have never tried to make it. Would you consider sharing the recipe? Let us know your brother's reaction, please! Have a wonderful day. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, and will offer a prayer for your boss and his family.
ReplyDeleteLove the poem LOL! I think pot-luck is a good plan.
ReplyDelete